Finally, it is out... the arcade mode.
I'm excited to see this out, there is a lot of new things.
The Arcade update adds an unlockable boss, by successfully winning the arcade mode on normal or hard difficulty without a loss.
This update also include achievements, new portraits made by @the_esparon, and gameplay balance.
New sprites for all yeah !
The update also include new tracks for the Pao's stage and Yamaha's stage still made by @pentadrangle
There are 14 achievements, one for each character to win the arcade mode, and one to unlock the boss.
Balance or gameplay notes :
- First thing you will notice is how fast the character goes when falling.
I increased a lot the limit of the falling speed because the game was too floaty. Now character will be back on ground faster.
- To even go further, I increased the power of the down button when falling.
The animation is now a dive and this can be used to avoid aerial attacks.
- New way of loading maps, using less texture memory,
- Fixed a couple of crashes, stability fixes
- Fixed some fullscreen resolutions issues.
- Added an option to show FPS
- Added Switch Joycon & pro controller auto-mapping
- Hide the mouse icon when not moving for 3 seconds.
- New typo for text here and there
- Fixed line glitches on many stages