Today we're promoting all the updates from version 1.3.19 in SteamVR Beta to the default version of SteamVR.
- Added a new “Show Controls” button in the Dashboard. This feature displays how the buttons on the active controllers are mapped to actions, when playing any application that has SteamVR Input bindings associated with it.
- Improved the SteamVR Status window to communicate readiness and issues more effectively, getting out of the way when things are working well, and streamlining support when issues occur.
- Fix case where SteamVR will not start after entire Steam installation is moved to a different drive. After SteamVR updates, Steam must be restarted for this fix to work.
- Fixed numerous stability issues and bugs.
Full Update Notes
- Fixed an issue with internal SteamVR processing accidentally being killed when starting SteamVR by running an application and then switching to another application.
- Increased startup timeout to 12s to allow for starting on machines with particularly slow USB performance.
- Fixed a hang that could happen if multiple apps launched almost at the same time.
- Fixed a crash in the internal web browser. (This may have affected input binding UI and/or pairing UI).
- Fixed a case where SteamVR could become unresponsive when plugging in a large number of USB devices at once (e.g. a hub full of devices).
- Fixed a case where the compositor would take several seconds to shut down, possibly interfering with a quick restart of SteamVR.
- Removed the warning that Room Setup (and other internal applications) will exit when SteamVR exits.
- Fixed a case where new applications would not be able to start if the primary headset was disconnected. This was mainly visible to certain wireless headset users who launched a game before SteamVR, which would lead to the game failing to connect due to the delay in connecting to the wireless headset.
- Fixed a case where SteamVR would not start after the user’s Steam installation has been moved to a different drive. After SteamVR updates, Steam must be restarted for this fix to work.
- Improved scrolling of controller binding overlay for WMR controllers.
- Fixed issue with Russian language in some parts of the SteamVR UI. Russian translations are not available yet for those areas, but this change will show English text instead of making the UI completely non-functional.
- Increased scope of power management disabled by the “Disable Power Management” button under Developer Settings. If you have pressed this button in the past, you may press it again to get the additional effect. Disabling power management may fix issues where tracking is lost a few minutes after starting but recovers after restarting SteamVR. If you experience this problem and the button fixes it, please give us feedback so we know if we should make it the default behavior.
- Added developer shortcuts to the SteamVR menu (under “Developer”) providing shortcuts to the Web Console, Advanced Frame Timing window, and the Overlay Viewer.
- Fixed displaying custom images for notifications from 64-bit apps. https://github.com/ValveSoftware/openvr/issues/1038
- Fixed issue that caused the binding selection list to only appear half-height when viewing the binding list in-headset.
- Added button to show controls for the current application in the Dashboard. This is only available for SteamVR Input apps, or legacy apps with custom bindings.
- Changed IVRInput::ShowActionOrigins and IVRInput::ShowBindingsForActionSet API calls to show UI meant to teach users about bindings instead of the binding editor.
- Fixed issues in the binding UI when a binding configuration contains simulated actions that don’t have names or output actions configured. (Those partial simulated actions will still not work, but they’ll let you keep editing the config).
- Added a flag to DPAD modes that causes the first action to be activated to stay active until the thumbstick or trackpad returns to the deadzone.
- Improved algorithm to calculate finger curl values from skeletal pose data.
- Saved SteamVR Home destinations are now per-machine.
- Fixed truncated Downloading message.
- Fixed lingering glow when unequipping multitool while still hovering on an object.
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes.
- Fixed input for Workshop tools.
- Fixed some causes of text not showing up in UI panels.
- Vive: Increased FOV of Dashboard camera view (the option which attaches a camera view to your Controller).
- Vive Pro: Greatly increased FOV of Dashboard camera view, and centered it correctly.
- Modified laser mouse button down pinning behavior so that cursor smoothly transitions out of static zone. The intent is to maintain compensation for the hand shaking inherent in freespace pointing while eliminating the sticking and popping cursor of the previous build.
- Right laser mouse button provides pinning behavior to match that of left mouse button. This is intended to facilitate context menu invocation in applications which use a movement threshold to distinguish drags from clicks.
- Fixed a memory leak in Motion Smoothing when the application’s resolution is rapidly changing.
- Fixed a GPU memory leak when enabling "Show GPU Performance Graph in Headset" Developer option.
- Optimized Dashboard rendering on lower-end GPUs.
- Fixed applications setting IVRCompositor.ForceInterleavedReprojectionOn to obey in async mode.
- Fixed the 'Pair Controller' interface failing to detect a Controller.
- Improved messaging around the SteamVR setup process that requires sudo privileges.
- Fixed processes spawned by SteamVR using an incompatible mixture of Qt libraries.
- Fixed vrcompositor crashing during launch if started by a vrclient.
- Fixed a hang when the system is under load and the Desktop VR View visible.
- Reduced vrcompositor CPU usage.
- Async-reprojection for compatible AMD cards no longer requires a patched kernel.
- SteamVR will now prompt for a super user password to acquire CAP_SYS_NICE during startup (this should only happen once).
- Fixed the 'Exit VR' button on the Dashboard.
- Fixed processing of steamvr:// URIs, this includes processing actions like opening the web console.
- Fixed the vrmonitor:// URI handler registration process.
- Fixed URI requests getting dropped.
- Fixed vrmonitor failing to initialize correctly after the first launch of SteamVR. Some symptoms include missing performance graph in the HMD until the PC is rebooted.
- Fixed hangs in vrcompositor.
- Fixed vrcompositor's shutdown sequence corrupting some OpenGL client'.s textures, e.g. the Steam client's background.
- vrcompositor will now consume fewer file descriptors
- vrcompositor's file descriptor limit was raised to the system's configured hard limit.
- Fixed shutdown crash when exiting SteamVR quickly during the first session with a new Vive Headset.
- Increased the limits of what we thought was humanly possible for Controller motion based on tracking data from Beat Saber experts.
HTC Tracker 2.0 Firmware Updated
- Added support for accessory USB interface, for sending button events, etc.