Skip to content

Start typing to see game suggestions. This only suggests apps that have a store page.

Only apps with a store page are suggested. Enter Submit to view all results. Ctrl+Enter View and filter in instant search.
Close ×

Rogue Empire update for 26 March 2019

New Version 1.0.11: Leaderboards, Merchant QoL + Fixes & Balance (Main Build)

Share · View all patches · Build 3677573 · Last edited by Wendy

Patchnotes via Steam Community

Thanks everyone for the patience and invaluable feedback. It's time to merge the beta into the main build!

Note: Previous issues with mac fixed. Update is up!



  • Fixed challenge dungeon bug where the "increased difficulty level" challenge was getting reapplied constantly. This might change the meta considerably. i ll keep an eye on this.
  • Wands do not reflect additional mana in the icon when recharged.
  • Altars can no longer on rare cases (challenge dungeon level 0) appear on top of holes/stairs.
  • Toggling off soul essence perks that are applied on game start(Gold, Keys, etc) should now properly work.
  • Infinite dungeon level 0 in the Dawn of Shadows campaign can no longer generate a blocked path to its entrance.
  • The level up screen should be properly navigable with the keyboard.


  • After all modifiers to physical damage are taken into account the end damage done now will correspond to [floor(damage)] + [1 on random chance depending of the remainder of the damage] instead of a simple rounding. What this means is that if after modifier damage is 10.9, there will be a 10% chance it is 10 and a 90% chance it is 11.

  • Contemplation bonuses are now weighted by class. For example a warrior will get +STR or +CON much more often and very rarely +SP.

  • Removed the health potion contemplation bonus. Added new rare contemplation bonuses, such as ancient runes, miracle potions, mutation potions.

  • Current fate is now displayed on level up.

  • Freeze duration for blue blobs death reduced at higher levels. At the same time damage was increased.

  • Warrior:

    • Hardened shield and polish shield talents got its modifiers increased.


  • You can now order items at any merchant shop by item type & item rarity.
  • Offhand wielded weapon now shows it proper damage on the tool tip.
  • Speed affecting abilities on weapons should show its effect on weapons. If I missed one let me know.
  • Added twitch negative judgment of location full of traps.
  • Instead of "your pack feels heavier" the mage potion crafting ability now properly names what was actually crafted, e.g. regular potion, minor potion, etc
  • Merchants now give the option to sell an item for the remaining of the merchants money if they run out of it.
  • When ordering movement to a far away tile, if the character stumbles upon an altars or a merchant he will now go around it/him.
  • Leaderboards are segmented in seasons by month. As a bonus current leaderboards are preserved although segmented by past seasons. This goes all the way back when they where introduced in EA.

I will start to work on language customization to let players translate the game easily. I still need to evaluate what additional languages could be worth while to support officially.

I ll also continue to to work on the backlog with your feedback this week in a similar fashion as I have been doing: Updating the beta and then releasing an update into the main build!

Cheers and happy crawling!

Windows Rogue Empire Windows Depot 650941
  • Loading history…
macOS Rogue Empire Mac Depot 650942
  • Loading history…
Linux Rogue Empire Linux Depot 650943
  • Loading history…
Windows 64-bit Rogue Empire Windows 64 Depot 650944
  • Loading history…
SteamDB has been running ad-free since 2012.
Donate or contribute.
Open link