Welcome to the Element Space Update 1.0.9!
In this update, we focused on adding some "Quality of Life" improvements to the game hoping to address some of the feedback we gathered from the community and ultimately make the game more enjoyable for everyone.
Quality of Life Improvements
No penalties for bailing on a mission.
As many of you have requested, missions can be abandoned to try another party setup without any penalties in Normal Mode. Extinction Mode remains as always, so if you are up for that challenge make sure to plan ahead!
We added new Achievements: one for each level finished with all combats on Perfect score, and one for having unlocked all the Perfect Level achievements.
Whenever you gain a character for your squad and add it for the first time to the party, you will be shown a short video preview of what this new character can do. Also, this video can be triggered anytime from the Skill & Perks screen pressing the newly added button "Review" next to the character portrait.
Not happy with how you spent your perk points? You can now reset them and try a new build as many times as you want. We added a new "Reset" button to the Skill & Perks screen to allow this.
- Added Icons with tooltips for passive enemy effects and special abilities to their nameplates. This should help avoid nasty surprises.
- Savefiles are now properly sorted by last played. In addition, we added the name of the mission in which the game was saved.
- Added feedback on dialogue choices to showcase how it impacted your standings.
- Removed continue button from the main menu. You can now select your saved games or start a new game inside a single menu.
- Revised the difficulty for problematic missions. I'm looking at you, Maria...
- Improved the spawn of enemy waves so they don't appear and attack in the same turn, allowing the player to react and run for cover.
- Added on-screen notifications when the Ideology alignment or relation with a faction/companion changed
- MSRM Story mission, last combat: added two more turns to get perfect.
- CSAC Story mission: Changed the flamethrower specialist for a grunt at the last combat.
- CSAC Story mission: Changed Maria's AI to allow her to avoid grenades and better target her skills.
- CSAC Story mission: Removed Maria's shield and added more HP.
- Historian Loyalty mission: tweaked waves spawn conditions to avoid the waves to be triggered during the player's turn.
- CSAC scientists are now unaffected by the CSAC faction perk.
- Fixed A LOT OF cover positions to avoid line of sight problems on the following missions: Tutorial, MSRM Story, MSRM Resources, CSAC Story, CSAC Resources, FNAS Resources, Arthur Loyalty, Jack Loyalty, EBD Resources and Mid Boss.
- Fixed lock at ES story mission triggered by a certain combination of responses on the last cutscene.
- Fixed lock on the after mission debriefing screen when missions were played in a very specific order.
- Fixed enemies affected with Soul Possession not unspawning when the phase changes to the Final Combat.
- Fixed tutorial "Click to move/attack" text not being localized to Chinese.
- Fixed savegame names not being localized.
- Fixed Area abilities message "Target an Area" not being localized.
- Fixed "Sprint" popup text not being localized.
- Fixed character clipping to a wall at the EBD Story mission.
- Fixed Controls menu in the Options screen not being localized to Chinese.
- Fixed some popup windows not blocking input on the background.
- Fixed savegames accumulating trash data.
- Fixed achievement "Welcome to the Gun Show" triggering before time.
- Fixed Jun's skirt physics bug.
- We found a possible bug in the dynamic font of Unity causing the rendering of mistaken characters for the Russian language
Once again, a big Thank You to all the community for being so active and sending us so many great ideas, suggestions, and bug reports to improve Element: Space. We are truly happy to see you guys enjoying the game and we'll give our best to keep making it even better ːsteamhappyː