Since the last update, we've been working very hard on fixing core issues, and optimizing the game's performance.
We haven't forgotten about content either, another community favourite weapon got added: the Steyr AUG with new attachment and surprises!
You'll see a new, initial setup guide to help you choose the settings of your liking.
It's hard to summarize all the improvements, fixes and content, so please do read the patchnotes below.
Player / control improvements
- Player movement changes
- Slower base speed, slower strafing, slower going backwards
- Slower crouch and prone speed
- Player can only run when not aiming (depending on weapon type)
- Run can be automatically, or by-input activated (can be set in the options menu)
- Fixed disappearing weapon slot
- Initial Setup Menu added: it will pop up only at the first launch after this update: players are introduced to some of our most critical and useful settings
- Improved main hand-, and trigger pulling finger animation
- Player body stays on the ground after dying
- Force pull fixed after lever release
- Player weapon grab on death fixed
Gfx and optimization
- Benchmark Feature under graphics settings: Auto-Set your game to 90 fps any time!
- Optimized weapon and attachment textures (smaller size, same quality)
- Lobby armory performance optimizations
- All scopes and crosshairs have sharper reticle now
- Significant Disk Size improvement of the Packaged Game (From 30 GB to 15 GB)
- ‘Retaliation’ lighting iteration: brightened up some dark spots of the map
- Fixed ‘Retaliation’ foliage lighting errors
- Steyr AUG bullpup assault rifle with new attachments. Check the unlock requirements in the new info panel!
- New info panel added to the armory, showing the rank requirements for unlocking each weapon and attachment
- Improved, frame rate independent recoil
- New skins hidden on different maps (The first community skins, courtesy of Koretskyy. Thank you mate!)
- Weapon and skin unlock fixes
- Projectile spawning is synced from client to server
- Improved hand poses: Better primary gripping of weapons, improved mag holding poses
- Lasersight improvements: lit when playing on high quality. A flare indicates its position when enemy holds his weapon directly at player
- Scopes zoom levels changed, now all scopes can be used in Close-to-Mid range combat scenarios. Default zoom has the widest FOV.
- WiP, experimental attachments hidden as easter eggs in different maps (Magnified Holo Sight, HAMR Hybrid Scope, Canted Iron Sights Rail, Drum Kit Mag for Kriss Vector)
- 2 new laser attachments with new colors
- Bipod: players are now able to use it as a vertical grip
- Improved lasersight positions because of the new laser attachments
- Laser sight visual is same for teammates and allies
- The first story map, ‘Timber’ is divided into 2 parts with reworked layout and gameplay. Previously this map was huge, which negatively affected performance.
- Co-op: respawn grab fixed on client side
- Co-op: weapon drop from hand upon player death improved
- Co-op: floating weapons on player leave fix
- AI: reworked targeting and aiming system for more balanced fights
Unfortunately, some of our AIs decided to chase butterflies instead of shooting, so we had to delay the implementation of the new animations. We're fixing the bugs, but we need more time to sort it out. Will be included in a later update, we're sorry about it.
- Updated semi gun sounds.
As you can see, we've been focusing on fixing and improving things. Bugs might still occur, if you see anything unusual, please report it in the 'Bugreports' section here on Steam, or via our Discord server.
Your help is greatly appreciated!
If you have any suggestions, ideas, contact us here, via e-mail, social media or Discord, we're all ears!
New maps, the PvP mode and further improvements are in development, stay tuned for the news about them!
XREAL Games Team