Welcome to Update #139 where Radiation Storms go to play. This update includes a big buff for Radiation Storm Rumors, fixes a critical bug with the enemy ship builder (auto-defeat) and adjusts a number of Talents, Traits and ship components for bug fixes, clarification and balance issues..
First up, we've fixed the bug where some enemy ships lose the battle automatically or lose automatically upon the first attempt board. In both cases, this was caused by a mistake in the enemy ship builder AI that would at times -- probably against the advice of all of the officers -- toss out the Void Engine and/or the crew Barracks in an attempt to get more weapons, defense etc. This is now fixed!
Empowered Radiation Storms
Watch out because the new Radiation Storms can really burn! The storms now match with Radiation World systems in a way that is really nasty -- together the two increase the risk of all orbital operations, orbital salvage and any exploring on that system. Also, sailing the void without Water-Fuel to provide a containment field for your engine is even more dangerous and levies event more substantial penalties.
If you're crossing Radiation Storms, but we sure to pick up Talents like Storm Navigator to protect your crew and ship.
We've fixed a mistake in the Trait Mutation tables that allowed Officers to gain the Loyal Trait. Since Officers never desert this Trait was not very useful and it is no longer an option.
Update #140 applies some needed balance to "At Starport" Talent set, bringing all of them up to the standard cool down of 13 weeks. This includes "Generous in Service", "Listening Port", "Port Maintenance", "Makeshift Repairs" and "Secrets Unbound".
We've also put some rules clarifications into the description of "Makeshift Repairs" so that it better matches "Port Maintenance" in detailing exactly how many components are fixed. And "Generous in Service" has received a long needed clarification to how its rules work, pointing out its maximum Rep gain per event as well as the point where returns start to really drop off. You can only become so well loved by faction leadership for running a free hospital ship. Around 40 Rep, things slow down quickly.
To avoid odd situations, we've prevent two more Boarding Victory Talents from being used against xeno. "Cold-Blooded Threats" and "Call for Surrender" both nuke Morale and the xeno now ignore either and therefore they are simply removed from the list of options.
v2.4.95 - 3/18/2019
- Fixed bug where some enemy ships automatically lose or have no crew
- Radiation Storms are much more dangerous on Radiation Planets
- Radiation Storms increase risk of Exploration, major increase in risk on Radiation Planets
- Radiation Storms increase risk of Salvage operation doing damage to ship and crew
- Increased penalties for running out of fuel during a Radiation Storm
- Officers, who by rule never Desert the ship, can no longer gain the Loyal Trait
- Boarding Victory Talents "Cold-Blooded Threats" and "Call for Surrender" can no longer be used against xeno
- Extended Cool down of all "At Starport" Talents
- "Generous in Service", "Listening Port", "Port Maintenance", "Makeshift Repairs" and "Secrets Unbound" now have 13 week cooldowns
- Clarified rules for how damage is repaired for "Makeshift Repairs"
- Clarified Rep rules for "Generous in Service" - max Rep gain is 10 per event and diminishing returns at 40 Rep
- Fixes bug with Dart Jammer and Dart Liner ship components