This update brings about balancing changes, improvements to the player's HUD, and good old bug fixes. Most of the additions and improvements are popular community suggestions, so thanks for the help!
- Added a health percentage indicator to the player's HUD. Now it will be a little easier to make decisions based on the amount of health you have left.
- Made new weapon icons for the player's HUD. These ones match the style a bit more with thicker borders and more cartoony proportions.
- Added a new boss health display to the player's HUD. Now you can see exactly how far into a boss battle you are!
- Added the 2560x1440 option to the list of 16:9 resolutions.
Gameplay and Balancing Improvements
- Made regular Goons a one-shot headshot with the M1911. Lots of people suggested this change, and I think it makes the stealth mechanics much more satisfying.
- The Thompson now does 75 headshot damage to Goons instead of 50.
- Melee attacks don't one-hit-kill Goons anymore. They still do 75 base damage, but don't instantly kill.
- The Codex now does half damage per shot. Now it will take 10 hits instead of 5 from full health for the player to die. 5 hits left very little room for error and made the fight too unfair.
- Regular Goons now fire a little bit slower
- Goons now take a slightly random time to enter their alert state. This significantly prevents all the enemies from shooting in sync and blowing up your headphones.
- Changed the casual mode indicator on the player's HUD to simply say "(Casual)" since the pacifier wasn't quite fair for players who weren't up for the insanity of regular mode.
- Fixed a bug where the player could initiate the Ninja Boss fight without entering the fenced off area.
- Fixed a bug where the Codex's lasers would be blocked by ammo pickups. This allowed for an exploit where the player could crouch behind a pickup on a table and avoid any damage.