Our second content update is now live! We’ve been working really hard to ensure we get new content out to you survivors and traitors as quickly as possible, so we are pleased to announce we will be pushing new content every 2 weeks from now until 1.0! In the meantime, please check out the notes for this weeks content update.
- Traitors now have the option to overload a console instead of just helping the survivors use them. Once the consoles are overloaded they will emit a smoke PFX, and can’t be used for 90 seconds. All of the connected consoles will smoke so the traitor can’t be immediately outed.
Hot Spring Overhaul:
- We’ve completely overhauled the hot springs for both Survivors AND Traitors! Hop in to find out what it does ;)
- Wolves will now sometimes guard the second objective!
Stat Boost Items:
- Stat Boosts are now in the form of energy drinks and are found in traitor crates. There are three types of Energy Drinks: Weak Energy Drink, Energy Drink, and Strong Energy Drink. Energy Drinks also have a low chance of spawning inside of crates for Survivors, so you can’t be outed as a traitor just because you have one.
Traps and land mine tweaks:
- Traitors are now able to see where each other have laid bear traps or landmines.
In addition to all this new content we have fixed some bugs the community have been experiencing, along with some small tweaks to improve gameplay.
- Added extra checks to the "What's in the Box" achievement to prevent it from unlocking incorrectly
- Fixed issue where escaping while exiled would result in the player being locked in the cabin as a ghost
- Fixed issue where only the first global exile event would take effect
- Removed player icon from the gameover results screen
- Changed ALT to L ALT for clarification
- Rebalanced hunger system to work the same as it currently does now except with a value of 500 instead of 1000
- Player's max hunger cap reduced from 1000 to 500
- Player's hunger depletion rate reduced from 1.65 to 0.825
- Cabin stats volume hunger value reduced from 1.64 to 0.725
- Amount of health given by raw berries reduced from 75 to 50
- Amount of health lost by eating raw human meat reduced from 50 to 25"
- Fixed framerate issues for lobby snowball fight
- Updated Photon networking plugin to latest version
- Added pain and death vocalizations for players
- Added contextual action animations for using the traitor transporter and airdrop abilities
- Fixed issue where player would drop equipped item when closing containers using the B/Square button on a controller
- Fixed issue where active beacon indicator position would not update when a player died and moved around as a ghost
- Fixed issue where camera would continue to shake after being killed by animals
- Fixed issue where key mapping would reset every time the game was launched
- Fixed issue where text chat would spill out of the input field causing it to overlap with other text
- Fixed issue where the second objective timer would keep counting down even after being completed which would cause the second traitor drop to occur
- Made it so music and sfx sliders could go to zero
- Added setting to toggle mouse cursor lock and made it so setting would remain active after display modes were switched
- Made it so on the main menu, ESC key now brings up the exit game prompt and doesn't interfere with other menus when pressed
- Fixed issue with alt-tab after switching between fullscreen and borderless window
- Animal pathfinding improvements
- Set the 6 player game modifiers 'max coop terminal limit' from 2 to 3
- Decreased blizzard warm-up time from 75 seconds to 45 seconds
- Increased blizzard time from 45 seconds to 75 seconds
We are running a new MVP of the week contest starting this week on every Friday. Compete with others to get the highest MVP score within 24hrs to win. The highest score will win 35,000 Survivor Points! Check the discord for more information.
Our next content update is scheduled for March 28th, our main focus is:
- New repair flow for objectives
- Truth Serum
- Drunk effect (From drinking Vodka!)
- A Survivor Airdrop
- Ghost mode overhaul part 1
- Game end Transition
That’s all for this update! Don’t forget to join our discord (http://discord.gg/projectwinter) to stay up to date on anything that is happening, participate in the MVP contests, and maybe get some sneak peeks from time to time!
The Project Winter Team