New Features included with the Pyramid of Prophecy DLC
The Pyramid of Prophecy campaign is a completely new set of randomly generated levels unlike those experienced in the Forsaken Tower. New surprises and twists await you at every floor!
Gladiator is a new melee-oriented class focused on the art of physical combat. With the aid of a Crippling Net and Pit Fighter allies, the Gladiator is a master disabler that employs hit-n-run tactics.
City of Stone serves as the hub for all of the new content, including duplicates of the Fountain, Tapster, and General Store.
Aridara Arena is the place where you fight waves of enemies for the crowds amusement. Climb the ranks and earn riches and a special Sword Token-currency that can be spent on further upgrades.
The Retired Gladiator is a new NPC in the City of Stone who exchanges your character’s earned Sword Tokens for permanent upgrades.
The Sculptor is a a new NPC in the City of Stone who builds Statues of legendary heroes. The Statues provide unique benefits to the whole party and can be upgraded to be more potent.
Nimbus, The Potion Djinn remains a mystery. You’ll have to find out for yourself how to earn his aid!
Several new DLC-only items, drinks and dyes have been added. Jump into the game and discover them for yourself!
New Features added to the Base Game
The Town Hall now has a sixth tier, introducing new levels for the Chapel, General Store, Blacksmith, Magic Shop, Treasury, Ore Trader and Apothecary!
Custom Voices have been added to the game. Players can choose among different voice packs at the barber, and at character creation.
Five new items have been added to the base game: Lucky Charm, Lucky Horseshoe, Lucky Hat, Seal of Rage, and Apothecary's Flask.
A new stat called Luck is introduced, which quite literally makes you luckier by tipping RNG calculations, such as Crit and Evasion, in or against your favor!
Two new drinks have been added to the base game: Evil Infusion and The Outlook Special.
Three new Fountain effects have been added: Sluggish Adversaries, Miner’s Strike, and Ace Chests.
Added Baltzar the Beastmaster to the guild hall. Help him recover his Book of Monsters to unlock new upgrades!
Gameplay Adjustments and Balance
- Using the elevator in single player now pauses the game while you make a deposit.
- Gold and ore rewards when gaining guild hall titles have been increased.
- More accomplishments have been added to the game.
- Two more guild hall titles have been added to the game.
- You can now pick blessings freely on each chapel tier. Additionally, any blessing you unlock will be free to re-select when choosing to Convert.
- When a player is revived, they now become invulnerable for 3 seconds.
- Added “Sundering Strikes” monolith buff (50% armor/resistance piercing).
- Added “Fortuitous Events” monolith buff (+5 Luck).
- The Chambers now have more chest rooms.
- The Lock Up Fountain effect has been removed.
- The Armory Boss no longer drops loot when under the Empty Pockets Fountain effect.
- Some enemies have learned new attacks in NG+.
- The way enemies surround players has been adjusted to reduce clustering.
- Added a small chance of bosses dropping Ace keys.
- The Imp now gives out more ore in the early game Acts.
- Improved The Apothecarys upgrades.
- Added wind effects that slightly increase with each “Great Threat” to the Battlements.
- Lowered the amount of waves of trolls that jumps down when taking the fast way on Battlements Floor 1.
- Collapsing bridges in the Battlements should no longer be able to kill players and now have a chance to spawn a glass walk-bridge.
- Spheres of Power: This set now provides a 25% damage bonus when in Combo at 3, 5, 7, and 9 pieces.
- Cloak of Many Pockets: Increased gold gain from 25% to 50%.
- Markham's Stone: Increased ore gain from 1% to 2% per item in the player’s inventory.
- A Fool's Errand: This drink’s negative effect is now “Health Regen set to 0.”
- Frenetic Eruption: This drink now has a 5% chance of triggering Combo when scoring Crits. The negative effect is now “+20% damage taken while out of Combo.”
- Last Stand: This drink now provides +30% bonus damage & +30% damage reduction while standing still; but +10% damage taken while moving.
- Hammer Time: This drink’s negative effect is now: “Lose 5% of your current health while standing still.”
- Unbalanced Essence: This drink’s negative effect is now: “Lose 10% of your current mana when casting a skill.”
- Spilled Blood: This drink’s base Health reduction has been reduced from 25% to 20%.
- Stab in the Dark: This drink’s Darkness duration has been reduced from 2.5s to 1.5s.
When looking at Crimson Death, it became clear that this drink was versatile to the point of feeling mandatory in any progression-oriented build. Moving forward, we’ve chosen to split the drink’s function into two separate drinks, so that they can serve the various builds that rely on Lifesteal without making the other half feel mandatory. While this is not a catch-all fix, it will give casters and primary attackers different identities and choices when considering Lifesteal drinks. If one feels they want to invest in the other, they can still do so; but that potent combination will now take two of the five drink slots.
- Crimson Death: This drink now only provides 5% lifesteal on Primary Attack damage.
- Evil Infusion: This drink provides 5% Skill lifesteal. The player loses 10% of their current Health when casting a Skill.
Visual, Audio, and UI Changes
- The character screen now has an “Effects” tab, covering everything that is affecting your player that isn’t an item, including Fountain Effects, Drink Effects, and Monolith Buffs.
- Some Towers now spawn into the game by rising from below the ground when a player approaches. Additionally, their collision is now removed when they’re destroyed.
- It is now possible to host lobbies without a maximum player level restriction.
- Scrolling the mousewheel on slider widgets now slowly increases or decreases the value of the slider. (For example, when choosing a maximum player level, one tick of the mousewheel scroll increments/decrements by 1.)
- Player names now display on their dead corpses.
- Teammates’ mana bars now display under their health bars in the game field.
- Players now receive a visual notification when an Imp spawns.
- Players now receive notifications of NG+ unlocks and progression when returning to town.
- When playing with a gamepad, the in-game mouse pointer now resets to center-screen whenever the player opens or closes any menu or window.
- The Thief Class Title modifier now displays correctly in character menu when viewing the Gold Gain % tooltip.
- Some negative modifiers now display in the Character sheet.
- Grappling Hook (Thief Skill): Corrected the speed of this skill.
- Controllers can now be plugged in and out while the game is running.
- Fixed a bug where Combo Nova would trigger twice upon activation.
- The Flame Shield buff icon should no longer accidentally duplicate.
- Fixed a bug in Multiplayer games where breakables wouldn’t netsync correctly, causing them to still appear (and then be unbreakable) for some players after being broken.
- Fixed a bug where players could receive old network messages from game sessions they've already left.
- Fixed a bug where if a player’s Health displayed as 0 due to rounding, they would die upon changing floors.
- Fixed a bug where one of the chambers prefabs would cause heavy frame drops.
- Fixed an issue where players leaving and quickly rejoining a multiplayer game would prevent their character from respawning into the game.
- Fixed an issue where the upgrade payscale wouldn’t apply to gold/ore spent statistics.
- Fixed a bug where some loot was missing.
- Fixed an issue where the amount of Skill Stars spent in the Skill Shop was incorrectly displayed.
- Fixed a lighting related rendering artifact.
- Fixed an issue where some xray colors on player projectiles (those which go under the sides of walls, etc.) wouldn’t display correctly.
- Fixed collision issues with the Vampire’s coffins.
- Fixed a bug in Multiplayer where miniboss health bars would remain after they died.
- Several small visual and audio fixes have been made, as well as cleanups for performance improvement.