Hello! Introducing a new unlockable player with this update: The Redeemer, a fanatic competitor with a very particular mission. You can unlock him after collecting 1000 tokens.
The Redeemer has his personal story (as the other characters) with a unique intro, a final fight and a unique ending. Armed with the Spread Shot as primary weapon, his modified car has a secondary fire mode: a powerful flamethrower. You can activate it by keeping down the fire button. He also comes with a unique weapon to buy in the shop: The fireball.
Everything in contact with flames can trigger an "on fire" status. When something is on fire receives a constant damage for some seconds. The flames can not be blocked or deflected by shields.
I also made some adjustments to the difficulty levels and to the enemy AI. There is still much to do, but for the moment I hope you'll enjoy!
Here is the complete 0.997R changelog:
- New unlockable player: The Redeemer.
- New player weapon: Flamethrower (secondary fire).
- New player weapon: Fireball.
- New feature: fire interaction with players and enemies.
- New player intro.
- Added two new music tracks.
- New final fight.
- New stage background.
- New enemy: Vesta trooper.
- New bossfight: Core generator.
- New final artwork added.
- Accuracy bonus added.
- Improved enemy AI.
- New environment weapon: flame launcher.
- Token spawn adjusted to the difficulty chosen.
- Barrels now interact with fire.
- Two existing music tracks updated.
- Now each player has his own starting item.
- Other minor fixes.