Approximately a year ago, for some reason our sales of Celestial Command were reduced in several times, as a result, at this moment it is barely enough to cover our monthly expenses for food and bills.
Of course, we are very, very happy that we have a possibility of full time develop the game we love, and receive enough money for basic needs, however, we almost do not have any financial reserves.
It means that at this moment, even a small, insignificant issue may ruin an entire development of Celestial Command which was built for more than 4 years and correctly closer to finished game closer than ever before.
For example, If one of our computers will require a repair, or if fridge in the kitchen will require a repair, or if someone will need a meeting with a dentist, or any similar insignificant situation which will require a bit of additional expenses - we will be out of money, and we will not be able to develop Celestial Command anymore.
You are probably noticing that our updates are frequent, and we are adding a lot with each update by adding more and more features and moving to the goal of finished, polished and super enjoyable game. We are answering on all questions for the community, working during holidays or more than 10 hours per day, and we want to continue to do that without distractions of things like lack of money on basic needs.
We need relatively very little amount of money. Only 1500$ per month if enough for basic needs of our entire team (there are 3 people in our team). This is very little in comparison to average costs of products and salaries in the game development industry, which usually cost a lot more. 1500$ per month it is a tiny amount of money for average game-dev company, but it is very large and important for us.
It would be super disappointing if more than 4 years of development of unique space simulator will be ruined due lack of such a little amount of money.
But you have a possibility to help us with that!
At this moment we sold 25000 copies. If only 2% owners of Celestial Command (500 people) will donate just a 3$ per month (one cup of coffee and hot dog) - it will completely cover a basic needs of our team and we will be able to develop the game even if it will have zero sales.
3$ per month it is almost nothing for most owners of the game, but it will keep development safe. Even the lower amount of money will provide us a huge help, because with the combination of our regular sales it should be enough for basic need too.
If you wish to help us, you can do it on our Patreon page
What is Patreon?
It is popular service where you can provide financial help for creators of various things on per month basis. Just select how much you wish to donate and the money will be automatically transferred to us each month.
It is completely safe, secure and you may abort monthly donations any time.
Also you will receive some cute gifts.
Please read more on our Patreon page:
Thanks you! We hope on your help!
Also there is an update version 0.8831 with some critical bug fixes and nice improvements.
- Now you may repaint your ship faster by holding left mouse button, also color picking now simpler, just right mouse click instead of Ctrl+LeftClick. Also tips during paint mode now displayed not near a cursor (that was inconvenient)
- Ally NPC now much more tolerant to the friendly fire and no longer turned into enemy right after a small damage on them
- Speed of research module change from 0.2 to 0.25, power consumption from 300 to 50, so research at the beginning of the game now can be performed with reasonable speed.
- Added alternative model for command module (for supporters on Patreon)
- Added ability to summon pet drone (for supporters on Patreon)
- Fixed an issue when a game can't be loaded due index overflow (happened if game world exist for long period of time)
- Fixed an issue when asteroid location had more warp gates than it should
- Large shipyard modules now works properly
- Science reward for missions no longer reset to 0 after save load
- Move tool can be used on NPC stations again
- Server list no longer appears after you saved a game
- Main menu blog timeline no longer appears after you exit from options window which was opened during a game
- Message "This faction now hostile to you" no longer spammed
- Fixed internal error when double click on any module
- Fixed a double amount of shards when asteroid mined with two mining lasers at the same time