Jaws of Extinction – Private Alpha v.0.2.1.3a
We have been calling this patch the quality of life patch, no real new content, just fixes and improvements.
Also our pre-ordering service can give you alpha access here:
- New hair for Amy with physics movement. Hair movement can also be affected by the weather.
- Fixed camera breaking after moving in to water while in Aim Down Sight (ADS).
- Player can no longer lean while swimming.
- Fixed player camera going in to ADS after reloading while holding down Right Mouse Button. Camera now returns to over the shoulder view as intended.
- Picking up items no longer locks or affects the player’s movement.
- Picking up items no longer forces player to holster their weapon.
- Pocketing sound effect when picking up items now varies slightly.
- Player can now pick up many items much faster because pickups are no longer limited by lengthy animation sequences.
- Player no longer unholsters and reholsters their weapon when picking up other weapons.
- Fixed player’s character mesh stretching while pressing shift to steady aim.
- Fixed holstering animation issues when getting on ladders with weapons equipped.
- Interacting with doors no longer forces player to holster their weapon.
- Using cupboards now immediately holsters weapons in order to open the cupboard doors.
- Fixed circumstance where picking up an item from a cupboard would lock the player’s movement.
- Using an axe to chop at trees no longer locks the player’s movement.
- Harvesting foliage by hand no longer locks the player’s movement.
- Majority of interaction animations are now faster.
- Fixed interaction animations from interfering with each other.
- Fixed various errors occurring when switching weapons.
- Fixed placing a meat on a campfire from putting the entire stack on the fire, causing meat to be lost.
- Ammo display no longer shows for melee weapons.
- Fixed frame rate spike caused when looting debris on the ground.
- Fixed issue where debris would not fade away correctly on pickup.
- Fixed issue where rocks would disappear when harvested with a pickaxe, rather than crumble.
- Fixed looting quad bike from causing other lootable items to always spawn car parts.
- Game ambient music and sound is reduced while radio audio is playing.
- Added Sheriff Sen signature stinger audio.
- Reverted back to original system of map loading (before version 0.2.0.3a) in response to performance issues. Additionally expected to improve cases where loading a game causes character to fall though the landscape.
- Fixed censorship option to be on by default.
- Added user setting for Anti-Aliasing (AA) method.
- Added user setting for High Dynamic Range (HDR).
- Added user setting for Motion Blur. Motion blur is set to off by default.
- Added user setting for controlling nighttime length (Set to X2 :: 10 Minutes, by default).
- Updated some quest object text lines.
- Fixed quest keys being spawned as random loot.
- Knocked down and dead Wanderer bodies no longer block player movement.
- Various performance improvements for grass foliage.
- Improved Level Of Detail (LOD) distances of various tree foliage for performance.
- Optimisation of truck in Hanouten Safe Zone and added collision.
- Cupboards and drawers have been temporarily removed (pending usability improvements and bug fixes).
- Added new loot in shop storage rooms.
- Added lootable safe and cash register in Dom’s Hardware shop.
- Improved LODs for houses in Hanouten for performance.
- Added gaps in tall garden fences around Hanouten allowing player to move though gardens.