Update 0.1.7: Visual Combat Indicators
With the latest update, we have introduced visual combat indicators! Now you can see how powerful your new sword is, how much experience an enemy has dropped, how much a potion heals you, and more! Most actions in Caverns: Lost Sky are now accompanied by a visual display, an example of which is shown above. We also fixed a critical error that could cause items in the inventory to disappear if the user pressed up against the loading boundaries.
During combat, any damage dealt by your primary skill will show up as floating numbers. The color will gain in intensity, changing hue as the amount of damage done increases. Additionally, any time Strato dodges or blocks an attack, a visual "Dodged!" or "Blocked! is displayed. Any status effect incurred (Poisoned, Paralyzed etc.) also has it's own visual indicator. Damage received by Strato is not shown, as it would be confused with damage dealt to an enemy. Instead, the top-left status bar flashes red.
Mining for Ores
Ever wonder just how much damage you're doing to that stubborn piece of Aeronite? Now you can tell! While mining ores, plants or rocks a yellow-blue indicator now appears telling you how much damage you've delt. This should make deciding what tool to use much easier.
Experience gained, along with Fatigued, Energy, and Health points restored all show up with visual indications on the screen. This happens whenever you make contact with the corresponding orb, or if you use a potion (eg. to heal yourself).
A critical error was reported by one of our players whereupon pressing against one of the chunk boundaries caused the inventory to be deleted, potentially rendering the game unstable. This has been fixed in this release, as well as the following issues:
- Fixed Poison and Paralysis effects from not being applied.
- Fixed Aeronite Wind effect and increased its strength and radius of effect
- Fixed total armor defense calculation, where each item's stat variability was not being factored into calculations
- Fixed pre-set starter chests and torches not being able to be dug out
- Fixed deleted inventory items/ crashing when traversing freshly loaded areas at a high speed
- Changed weapon damage sound to only play when the weapon is less than 15% durability, instead of 30%, and decreased the sound.
- Adjusted weapon damage calculation which better takes into effect the skill's damage multiplier
To see the full list of changes, please visit <enter link here>.
Here at Tetravoxel Limited we would like to thank the community for all their suggestions, bug reports, and support since Caverns' release a little over a month ago. Together we hope to make Caverns: Lost Sky as fun, satisfying and rewarding as possible!
- Team Tetravoxel ( :