Some time ago Hot Lava closed sales to new players, and we began work on responding to the issues we saw in the game. We are working incredibly hard to finish Hot Lava and your continued feedback is a huge part of this. We are addressing issues in the new player experience, daily challenges, content fatigue, and enriching the Hot Lava world with more detailed and interactable environments. I wanted to take a moment to reassure everyone that we are working on tons of new and exciting content for future updates.
Coming soon: Playground: Bouncy Land course
We have also been hard at work on a new wave of characters with unique locomotion mechanics. These mechanics share similarities with the base character, but change some aspect to allow you to re-experience the game with a unique twist. They will also allow us to explore other fun movement mechanics missing from the base game, building on the foundation we have created with our GAT 'boosting' characters.
Tons of other content is in the works, and we will release more information as things solidify. Thank you for being here with us -- I can't wait to show you what we are up to next!
Community Content Bounty Program
I've been totally blown away by the content our community has produced for Hot Lava since our Closed Beta launched. Today I'm pleased to announce that we are starting a "Bounty" program to help reward outstanding community content.
Content that is selected for the bounty program will be embedded directly in the game for launch, the creators will be listed in the credits, and financial compensation will be provided.
I'll be discussing the details and constraints more over the following weeks on our official [Hot Lava discord channel](discord.gg/hotlava). If you are interested in joining in, stop by and say hi!
We are planning to update Mod Kit to the latest engine version tomorrow.
Update #21 - Detailed Patch Notes
- Upgraded engine to 2018.3.6f1
- Added new introductory tiny toy and pogo trials to playground and gym class along with new rewards
- Released 6 new items: Birdcage, Parrot, Polynesian, Raccoon Tail, and Log
- Playground x’s and o’s are now interactable
- Playground steering wheel is now interactable
- School water fountains are now interactable
- Course changes to playground pogo trial. This leaderboard has been reset
- Added chess pieces to Playground
- Implemented Lex Splorer facial animations, other characters coming soon
- Fix for vertical surf flick when using low mouse sensitivity
- Fixed potential cause of player’s camera being locked at 0,0,0
- Fix Buddy occasionally not held correctly after intro or restart
- Fixed lobster trap on top of molasses barrels in Wholesale
- Prevent binding inputs on French computers from breaking the game
- Make playing teeter totter with other players more “realistic”
- Fixed issue with replays disappearing early
- Fixed bloom missing in Menu
- Revert to default when input bindings are corrupted
- Added more ambient sound to Intermediate area of Playground’s Overworld to match the soundscape of the Recess area
- Added path to jump back over from Intermediate area of Playground Overworld if you get over without unlocking that section
- Added variation to sand in Intermediate section of Playground
- Optimized terrain in Playground
- Prevent tree rustle audio from invisible trees (potato mode)
- Fix intro animations playing sfx at double volume
- Added impact sfx to throwable Pizza Slice
- Make AFK plane sfx more realistic
- New Decal UI sfx
- Improve teeter totter sounds
- Fix Pinny glass texture
- Fixed a couple cases of null reference output log spam
- Upgraded modkit to use Unity 2018.3.6f1. You will need to download this version of Unity
- Divided up the art packages even more to help improve download size and import time
- Setup your own things that spin, move, or swap with TouchableButton (use Layer Pickable)
- water_fountain_01 may show as missing swap it with a new water_fountain_01
- Pickable layer no longer has collision