March 4th and right on time, the February update is here!
Ok, we're a few days late, but we wanted to get this in good shape before putting it out there for you. There are some big features in this release centered primarily around contracts. Here we go:
- Contract handling is greatly improved in numerous ways. Contracts have two types: standard and entry level (max $1m, always 3 years)
- Players can be offered contract extensions
- Lineup screen now has lists of players with no contracts, expired contracts, and pending waivers
- Changed colour of 'Leader' tag
- 'Live' draft screen format is now simpler
- Profile of player skills in draft has changed - players are now stronger
- RFA's are now treated differently - RFA players can no longer be offer-sheeted. There is no list of RFA players shown on July 1
- Fixed a potential crash when sending waived players to minors
- When players are newly drafted they are no longer automatically signed. They instead go to the 'Unsigned - Drafted' list
- Reduced strength of players under age 21 to simulate players not being "NHL-ready"
- If you don't make an offer on a UFA, the accepted/rejected summary page is no longer shown
- You no longer 'waive' an unsigned player - you release them. They go right to free agency.
- Players in lineup screen now show 'Pending UFA' or 'Pending RFA' if they are becoming that status at the end of the season
As always, this update will break any saved games that you have. Once we go to full release, updates won't do this to you!
Thanks for playing and keep an eye open for the next release. It should come sooner and focus more on bug fixes and clean up.