A build is now live for Windows and Linux including new infected, content and various improvements and tweaks to gameplay.
New Infected & Continued Underground Content
There's a new infected type in town! To explore the newer content which introduces the new enemy and provides the story background around how they got there, head over to Chapter 3 (or use the cheat map TheBase#sp07 to jump directly there).
There's also little more content to accompany the current ending, welcoming back a familiar story element. Keep watching for more content in the next few updates!
The cheat entry box on the Extras menu now auto-completes, allowing you to see a list of cheats up-front. Start typing "map" or "spawn" to show a full list of cheats.
- Jumping up on surfaces is now animated - previously it looked as if the player was teleported
- It's no longer possible to bypass picking up the pickaxe in the mind
- The pickaxe now breaks in the sewer level to make the chase scene feel more dangerous, and the pickaxe can now deal damage to infected characters later in the game
- Water footstep sounds - walking in water now has more ambient noise
- In the warehouse horde, the infected corpses are now cleaned up
- The rubber ducks in the prelude level now float upright!
The always growing Discord community is around at https://discord.gg/estranged if you'd like to chat with other Estranged players or feed back directly to me!
Thanks for playing Estranged!