Hi everyone, it's been a while!
As for us, Vietnamese, the New Year only began from the last month. Thus, I decided to make a fresh start to this Lunar New Year by reworking on various graphical features of Battle Splash in order to enhance overall experience of the game. Check it out!
Splash Distortion Update
Distortion Effect is added to Big Splashes, allow a better visual representation of the water explosion's impact. This also helpful for detecting incoming splashes.
Some of you thought Battle Splash was a Squirt gun shootout. Turns out, it's more than that. Battle Splash's Guns actually shoot out bullet (in a form of spherical water balloons) instead of water, so that they can deliver their full splash power to the target. In order to reflect this, Weapons will now drop empty shell upon firing/bolting.
Character's Impact Animation
Did you notice that a Bazooka Splash can send your character flying across the map? Yes, it's that powerful, to the point that now your character will suffer from it: Brand new animations for bullets/splashes impact! And yes, it hurts...
Character's visual & Graphic Enhancement
This version of Battle Splash is HIGHLY OPTIMIZED, thus allowing your computer to apply many Visual features (given that your computer meets the Minimum System Requirement). Try turning on max settings for the FXAA and SSAO to experience the smoothest and pretties gameplay! Go and Feast your eyes:
Here are the settings:
(These settings are possible for Recommended System Requirement)
Although, "Eye Adaptation" is now removed since the incompatibility with recents NVidia Drivers. Also, DX9 will be deprecated very soon due to low performance and stability, so please update your GPU to the latest drivers for DX11 support.
Sounds and HUD
In order to adapt to the new gameplay experience, Battle Splash's sounds and HUD are updated accordingly. You can now feel the strength in each of your shoot, as well as get shaken by enemies's incoming projectile.
For quite a while now, Battle Splash's been supporting very low spec computers. However, with the game's constant growth and demanding graphics, some backward compatibility will be removed.
First is DX9, the old and glory API. It was good for a while, yet now DX11 has taken its place and prove to be more stable, performance friendly than DX9. In order to fully support high performance experience, DX9 will not receive any support in the future. Of course, you can still play the game in DX9 if you want to, yet the further game's update will now concentrate on DX11 more, meaning playing with DX9 will potentially cause crashes/glitches.
Second is 32bit Operating System. A better graphics means more RAM usage, and 32bit OS just won't allow it. A game can only allocate 2GB of RAM on 32bit OS, so it just won't work. If you are using 64bit OS, 32Bit game can allocate up to 3GB of RAM, which seems better. However, don't get me wrong just yet: the game is still 32bit, it's just that the OS should be 64bit instead. Why you asked? Why don't I just go ahead and build a 64bit version of the game? Because many of you are still using 4GB of RAM. Since 64bit version of the game will likely use more RAM than the 32bit version, it will more likely flood the computer's RAM (more testes are coming out). Therefore, for now Battle Splash will require a minimum of 64bit OS, and the Standard version will still be 32bit. (For Full Modding version, it should be 64bit)
That it for some of the major updates for the game! Happy Splashing! ːlunar2019wavingpigː
....... Still wants more? Here is the detailed version of the above:
Battle Splash Update v1.688
- Name: MemOveride
- Version: 1.688
- ContentID: 3609845
New & Improvement
- Animations: New animations for being pushed around by bullets/splashes, etc...
- Gameplay: Highly Optimized gameplay for smoother and more stable frame-rate.
- Gameplay: Improved Aiming.
- Gameplay: Your weapon's modules now manage their own magazine, meaning if you switch to an empty-magazine module, you'll have to reload it again.
- Graphics: Tweaked hair shader.
- Graphics: Custom lighting for character, so that it will react to lighting (Physic-based) while being easier to config (Art-based).
- Graphics: Added distortion effect for splashes explosions/bullet impacts.
- Graphics: Weapon can now drop "empty shells" when bolting/firing.
- Graphics: More nature-looking weapon holster behaviors.
- GUI: Improved 4k resolution.
- HUD: Your camera will be shaken upon getting shot at.
- Graphic: Remove Eye Adaptation due to incompatibility with modern graphic cards' drivers. (cause character's hair/eyes to disappear, as well as downgrade the overall graphics)
- Memory: Fixed heap memory leakage. More native memory leakages are being inspected.