1.0.3 has just released! We have some fixes and other improvements that we wanted to get out while we're working on 1.1. Stay tuned as we'll be unveiling what's to come in the games first content update soon!
Note to ship creators
If you have uploaded a CSF ship to the workshop you are going to need to update your Unity project with the latest Unity Tools package and re-upload them. Changes to how the game handles CSF ships in this update requires all file names to be unique which originally uploaded workshop CSF files do not have.
If you've downloaded CSF ships from the workshop and they haven't updated then the game won't load them and details will be printed to the game's console.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
If you want the quick rundown of what's new, here are the highlights:
- Survival now has leaderboard support
- Improved collision detection and made bottoming out more consistent
- Updated several of the games sounds
- Model B ships now have animated airbrakes
- Fixed several issues related to CSF format custom ships
- You can no longer select Model B tracks when playing eliminator
- Added support for Survival leaderboards
- Removed leaderboard support from race based gamemodes
- Added a close button to the console
- Drastically improved the consoles rendering performance
- Added animated airbrakes to the Model B Ships
- Fixed each Model B ship now having a default livery name
- Fixed ghost ships using the vertex wobble offset in the energy wall shader
- Fixed some inconsistent behaviours with heavy wall impacts
- Fixed distorted UVs around Caliburns right airbrake
- Ghost ships now use the ships frontend mesh when available
- Scenery walls not aligned with a track sections right vector now allow heavy wall impacts
- The collision sparks now inherit the ships impact velocity
- Bottoming out is now handled upon collision with the track floor instead of being triggered by a hover threshold. This provides more consistent floor bounce behaviour across all ships
- Ships now use continuous collision detection, this prevents ships with sharp wings like the NX from clipping through walls
- Fixed the holograms shader ignoring the clipping distance setting
- Fixed the plasma bolt spawning in the wrong location for certain CSF format custom ships
- The spawn position for the plasma bolt projectile is now determined using the ships mesh length instead of a static offset
- Fixed the pitch input not being reset to zero when an AI takes control of a player ship
- Rewrote the ship-ship collision avoidance to make it more effective by letting AI react to the player ahead of time
Fixed the afterburner sound playing multiple times on some inputs and also playing when pressing the input in the pitlane
There is now a delay threshold between playing track impact sounds, sometimes collisions can happen very close together so this prevents sounds from overlapping each other
Update several sounds:
Wall impacts (now also used for bottoming out)
Start boost fail
Turbo pickup use
Energy wall bolt fire
- CSF ship bundles are now fully unloaded when navigating the ship turntable and a lock system is now in place which prevents assets currently being used from being unloaded.
- Bottoming out on the track now spawns the collision hit particle effect
- The minesweeper achievement is now achievable if you destroy a mine while the mines destroyed stat is above the achievement target.
- Custom achievement unlock statuses are no longer forgotten if you disable the mod they belong too.
- Fixed CSF ships not loading if a player selects a livery that has an index higher then your own local copy of the same ship. The game will now load the default livery if this occurs.
- Fixed the BallisticNG/CustomShipCull shader not being translated to the in-game version upon custom ship loading
- If duplicate files are found in the myships/mytracks folders when categorizing root files the game will now replace the already categorized files with the uncategorized version.
- Fixed side snapping to a track route traversing in the opposite direction resulting in vertices connecting to the opposite side of the track
- Updated all video assets to use VP8 encoding, this should fix crashes on Linux once custom tracks have been updated by their authors
- When uploading a CSF to the workshop the temp file it generates to upload is now given the workshop ID as a file name
- Linux builds now stores all settings in the game's ini file instead of using Unity's PlayerPrefs system. The game now also manually retrieves the desktops resolution to assign on first launch.