Howdy, y'all! I've just published a big batch of changes to the game to hopefully fix a few requested issues and to make gameplay smoother overall.
Here is a list of changes. If you would like a full breakdown with my thoughts behind each change, check out my (recently resurrected) development blog right here: https://www.sungazersoftware.com/the-tenth-line-version-1-1-update-notes/
- Post-game content and New Game + features are now accessible in the “light” difficulty. You should receive the bonus quests in your journal when you load your game in the post-game.
- Removed the “Bonus” system from the full difficulty. In essence, your characters will behave as if they have the extra bonus buff at all times now.
- Assist characters have had their damage formula reworked. Their damage is now based on your characters’ OFF and DEF stats, rather than their total levels, and they should be viable all the way through the game and beyond.
- Assist character attack damage has been enhanced.
- Assist character “super” moves now have a 3-turn cooldown.
- Assist characters now recover at least 10% of their SP every turn, as long as some momentum-generating action was taken.
- Status effects now have a cap on the number of turns they can be applied. This goes for both allies and enemies.
- Re-balanced enemy defense and damage output across the board.
- Post-game bosses have had their damage output and HP reduced slightly.
- Lowered the rate of reinforcements on some boss battles.
- Reduced the Green Dracomage’s HP to 12,000, and reduced his damage output slightly.
- Removed the Hinder chance from the Green Dracomage’s “Numbing Neurotoxin” skill.
- Raised the “minimum” cap for player-dealt damage. Essentially, your characters will be more effective if their damage is lagging behind due to low Offense or weapon level/training stats.
- The maximum duration for Tox’s teleport defense has been reduced slightly. This only applies when his Teleport ability is at very high levels.
- Increased the Power reward for most enemies, especially for “large” or rare foes.
- Removed some foreground foliage in the “Feverlands” area to make the platforms easier to navigate.
- Fixed an issue with UI scaling on non-standard aspect ratios.
- Changed the color of the “unspent levels” notice on the main menu to make it stand out more.
- Cleaned up the appearance of the “enemy description” text when using the Look command.
- Increased the brightness of platforms in the final area of the game.
- Fixed an issue where Tox would get stuck to the floor after using his breath on a gem in the second “puzzle” room of the final dungeon.
That's all! I'll be working on a console patch this coming week, so if you notice any unexpected weirdness (I mean, besides the usual weird stuff in the game), I'd love to know about it before I have to submit for certification. Games are hard, y'all. ːrikː