It's time to start off 2019 with a big patch. Update 21 is now live and it includes a few key changes we've been building towards for some time now.
The multiplayer code has been internally reworked. It should be transparent to you when you play, but it is now way better than before. There's a huge improvement in latency as well for those who were affected. Please keep in mind everyone needs to be on the same version for the matchmaking to work.
Steam invites are now back, but still a work in progress. Please try them out and let me know if it breaks anything.
The game's install size has been reduced considerably, and game stutters while loading have been eliminated. This was common on the first boss and some rooms.
A note about development. Our time's been taken up by other contract and freelance work for these past months and it will continue from February on, so while updates to the game will be less frequent, we are still working on it and heading towards the final release. Thanks to all who have stuck with us during these past years in Early Access.
Update 21 Patch Notes
- Replaced multiplayer backend with Photon PUN
- Greatly improved online latency
- Added Steam friend invites (this needs some testing. It may break)
- Updated Unity Engine version to 2017.4.x
- Greatly reduced game install size
- Greatly improved loading times
- Improved game performance
- Greatly reduced game stutters
- Updated loading screen graphics
- Added rules menu
- The default configuration for local matches is now: Countdown - 1:30 minutes - 3 bots
- Guns drops in singleplayer is now more varied
- Removed local battle menu. local battle button now creates a match directly
- Fixed issue where damage would double while playing online games
- Fixed issue where christmas effects were applied on halloween
- Fixed issue where music slider wouldn't set the right volume
- Fixed autosaving notifications not showing