Hi everyone! We hope you are having fun with the new party mode! We’re very happy that you keep sending us useful feedback, and we’re constantly taking your feedback into consideration while we are trying to make the game even better. We’ve fixed various bugs that have been reported by you. You can refer to the changelog at the end of this update to see what exactly has been done.
We’ve also added two new characters! You can now play as the owl Santhi for the tribe, or as the maned wolf Moona for the pirates! We hope you enjoy these new characters as much as we do.
We’ve also added three new traps! Now you can create even more fun combinations to thwart your opponents. First there’s the spinning fire trap. Once activated this trap will rotate and create a stream of fire from two opposing ends, which will light a player aflame. Next we have the button mash trap. Once activated this trap will root a player, after which the player can’t move until he repeatedly presses his dash button. Lastly we’ve added the smoke bomb trap. Once activated this trap will release colorful smoke in a radius so that you can’t see this area. We can’t wait to see how you will use these traps.
We’ve also created a new map which is more suited for beginning players. This way players can better learn the game before they move on to more difficult maps or the party mode. This map is also very suited for trying out new trap combinations. Because we also want to add more maps in the future, and with the adding of this map, we’ve also created a level select screen. At the start of a versus game you can now choose on which map you want to play.
We hope you enjoy these new additions to the game! We love hearing from you, so if you have an issue, want to leave feedback or just want to have a chat with us you can leave a message in the community forums. Have fun playing Oh Trap!
The Mint & Dough crew
- Added new spinning fire trap
- Added new button mash capture trap
- Added new smoke bomb trap
- Added two new characters Moona and Santhi
- Added customizable keyboard controls
- Added two new easy levels for 1v1 and 2v2 players
- Added level select menu
- Added new trap explanation videos
- Added new sound effects
- Added smooth character models for all existing characters
- Added button indicators in trap select
- Added new launch trap models
- Reworked menu UI
- Reworked explanation loading screen
- Improved pause menu
- Tweaked kill, push and range traps
- Tweaked party mode island environment
- Fixed range trap battle royale party game mode bug
- Fixed several UI bugs