Hey, all you awesome beach cleaners!
We've just pushed the 1.2 update to everyone, which among other things adds this requested feature: Local Leaderboards.
You now have the choice to not post scores to the public leaderboards, and instead just track your scores locally. This option is at the bottom of the "New Game" screen, and defaults to the current behaviour (public).
Even if you do post your scores publicly, this feature means you can see your best 10 local scores as well, with the date/time you achieved them, so you can see the spread. Was that high score a one-off, or did you get really close to it last week? Maybe next time you'll beat it? :)
Just cycle through the Filter on the high score page, which now has 3 options "Global", "Friends", and "Local".
The full changes list is below, we hope you enjoy the update, and thanks for playing!
Full Change List:
- Option to not post scores to public leaderboards
- Best 10 local scores with timestamps (via high score filter option)
- Fixed high score previews not being visible on New Game screen in 4K
- Try to always provide a "Challenge" score when playing publicly; if you have no friends with better scores, display the next score above from Global leaderboards
- Fixed a potential bug with interleaved scores from different filters if you flipped through the high score options too quickly
- First-time tutorial experience tweaks