Krome Studios is pleased to announce that TY the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan has been released from Early Access, and is available now!
To coincide with the full release of the game, the TY3 Official Soundtrack DLC is now also available to purchase:
And... now that the games are all on Steam, the new Boomerang Collection Bundles allow you to buy all four TY games at a lower price! (one is "just the games" and the other also has all the soundtracks)
There are quite a few final fixes in this new r3959_v1.00 build, with full details below. Any problems, please let us know.
Thank you to everybody who has supported us throughout Early Access, we really appreciate it!
Linds and the Team at Krome Studios
- Added 3 x new achievements for buying all TY skins, Crabmersible skins and Gunyip skins.
- Fix for the "Bush Rescue Forever" Achievement to trigger immediately, not after you finish a replayable mission after you've already completed them all.
- Updated HD textures for parts of the first level.
- Updated HD textures for some of the houses, trees and flowers in New Burramudgee.
- Updated HD textures for Backwood Blizzard, Cinder Canyon and Kaka Boom Island.
- Added new enemy death and spawn effects.
- Updated TY's invulnerability particle effect, for after he takes damage, to be more consistent with that in TY1 and TY2.
- HD updates to many of the grass textures throughout the game.
- HD updates to the gunyip plane textures, as well as several characters ([spoiler]Uber Frill, Scrub Turkey, Lavaquin, MagmaQuink, Quinking, Camo Bunyip[/spoiler]).
- HD updates to Cassopolis textures.
- Fixed extra particles being generated in the tunnel between the two Crabmersible sections.
- Increase maximum number of simultaneous ragdoll enemies to 10.
- Fixed missing environment art in Gooboo Gully.
- Lens flares now draw in the appropriate levels.
- Updated Bilby UI icon.
- Fixes for the footprints TY leaves as he runs around.
- HD versions of the credits rock art.
- Removed shadows from the muzzle flash effect on the Gunyips; and from the objective markers ("beam of light").
- Tweaks to SFX for when TY is hit by an enemy.
- New specific audio for the [spoiler]Quinking battle[/spoiler].
- Fixed the "BOING!" sound not working in New Burramudgee.
- Updated kart VO lines for racers.
- Fix camera first person view snapping around different angles when using Bunyip.
- Fixed rangs not being able to be thrown where you are aiming, when using Keyboard and Mouse, when in boss battles and a boss battle override camera is active.
- Fix for crash when using the "Main Menu" option from the pause menu, in race minigames.
- Fix for the level not loading correctly when leaving the [spoiler]Hexoquin boss battle[/spoiler] or travelling between the two crabmersible sections.
- Fixes for miscellaneous random crashes throughout the game.
- [spoiler]Hermit Crab Boss[/spoiler] - don't force a lockon target until the hero is somewhere nearby. Allows lockon to work on the other enemies in the level.
- Game now autosaves on closing the pause menu if changes that need to be saved to a savegame are made in subscreens. Alleviates issues where the user changes stuff in the pause menu (eg, rang stones), but the changes are lost if the user exits the game before encountering one of the normal autosave triggers.
- [spoiler]Hexoquin[/spoiler] shockwave now damages TY.
- Improved performance in the race minigames, with cloth optimization.
- Improved performance throughout the entire game with fixes to shadowing and reflection systems.
- When opening the pause main screen, default the buttons highlight to point at the first enabled button.
- Added Original Attract Video and "What Could Have Been" video to the Extras menu on the Main Menu.
- Updated Bilby and Orb icons in the shops.
- Fixed some spelling errors in the Gunyip skin descriptions.
- Fixed the confirmation of a Gunyip skin taking forever to exit the screen.
- Fixed incorrect video aspect ratio code.
- Fix scale and width of Gunyip/Cart name text boxes so that the names don't change scales and go off screen when changing through the names.
- Disable the various buttons when exiting the shops, so that mouse clicks can't be spammed on them.
- Altered the rang positioning on the rang hud so that rangs stay within the oval (and onscreen) when selected.
- Fixed an issue where the user could be displayed both keyboard and mouse and controller button prompt icons.
- The minimap is now disabled when within a Boss area (as originally intended).
- Fixed the rangs showing their slotted abilities while in flight (but still not allowing them to be changed until caught).