The first story update for VentureVerse: Legend of Ulora is now available! Version 0.8 brings a new story structure, a new dungeon featuring the first boss fight, a reward screen revamp and much more!
[b]Version EA 0.8 RELEASE Patch Notes
- Added a new story system. As explained by Drael in the new intro cut-scene, you must collect the 6 scattered Essence Crystal shards to complete your Portal Stone and restore her power. Profiles created before version 0.8 will see the new intro upon playing for the first time, and will have crystal shards added if the character has completed any of the following dungeons: "Tomb of Tuut O'Rial", "Hollypoint Castle", "Avii Trials - Power Spheres".
- Added new dungeon: "The Time Warden's Citadel". This dungeon contains the first boss fight and can be explored after collecting 2 Essence Crystal shards.
- Replaced the Portal Shards system with Dungeon EXP. Each profile now has an experience level which will increase as you explore more dungeons. Levelling up gains you 3 random rewards including blueprints, spell tomes, dye tokens, Valour Meals and Vaara. Profiles created before version 0.8 will have their Portal Shards converted into Dungeon EXP.
- Redesigned Level Complete rewards screen and added additional screens for story progress and special rewards.
- Added new gear item: "Time Sceptre". This item allows the wielder to slow down the flow of time, allowing them to move around like normal while the world around them moves in slow motion.
- Added new dungeon element: "Grains of Time Well". This can be used to fill up the grains in the Time Sceptre.
- Added new dungeon element: "Collapsible Bridge". This mechanical object can be used to bridge a gap of up to 9 blocks, and can be collapsed or opened using an input.
- Added audio for the Manipulation Crystal and Light Beam Emitter.
- Removed Transmogrification section from "Hollypoint Castle" level 3
- Added updated Title Screen theme.
- Fixed issues in multiplayer when the host picks up a Custom Controller or Time Sceptre.
- Fixed projectiles not being destroyed by dissolve fields.
- Fixed sword whoosh sound effect playing twice per slash.
- Fixed issue where Title Screen would be silent
- Various minor fixes
- Added dungeon elements: "Gear Pedestal - Time Sceptre", "Collapsible Bridge" & "Grains of Time Well".
- Added new props: "Gear Emblem" & "Hourglass"
- Added new wall style: "Citadel"
- Added new music: "Time Warden's Citadel" & "Warden Boss Fight"
Version 0.8 introduces the first of three planned boss fights, the other two of which will be introduced in the next two milestone updates. Version 0.9 will include a new dungeon featuring an Essence Crystal shard along with the next boss dungeon, and is currently planned to release in January or February of 2019. Version 1.0 will take the game out of Early Access, adding a final Essence Crystal dungeon and the final boss dungeon, and is planned to release in March or April of 2019.
In-between these milestone releases will be smaller updates featuring quality-of-life changes, bug fixes and additional features.