Treadnauts Patch Notes v.1.00
UPDATE 8/17/18: "The Launch Update"
Tank it in! Tread on air! Rocket jump for joy!!
WIth the full launch comes update 1.0, a major patch that includes Blitz Mode, Freeze Tag, and a ton of other goodies.
Blitz Mode is here!
One of our main goal for version 1.0 was to create some faster-paced game modes for players to choose from. Treadnauts is a party game at heart, and parties don't take breaks or stop 'till everyone goes home!! ːclaughː
Our Discord community have been asking for a Smash Bros. style game mode for months, so we decided to start there. Melee has influenced the Topstitch Games team a lot; observant players might have noticed some familiar maps in the Wave District. During development on Blitz mode, our first step was to translate the Melee Stock system into an option for Treadnauts.
From there, we expanded the mode with a handful of other options to keep things fresh, including timer and team attack variants. We had a ton of fun putting our own spin on the recipe, and we hope that Smash and Treadnauts fans alike can bond over Blitz.
In addition to Blitz Mode, the Launch Update comes packed with a slew of other additions and improvements. Tank a look at the full patch notes below!
- Blitz Mode! For the first time in Treadnauts history, you can respawn mid-round and jump right back into the action! Check out these new lightning-fast ways to play in the Modifier menu.
- Freeze Tag, a modifier for Team Attack. This mod allows you to freeze your opponents and turn them into part of the terrain, as well as rescue your frigid friends. Stay frosty out there!
- Tread Medley: This mega-playlist contains maps from every zone! Now you can mix and match levels to your heart's content.
- A total of four shiny new maps (one in each zone)!
- Steam trading cards are here, complete with emojis, badges, and profile backgrounds.
- The destructible terrain in Salt Harbor now has a smoothing effect, making it much easier to drive across (and a lot prettier!)
- Improved Windmill/Waterwheel physics, allowing players to stick to them more consistently at high speeds.
- Crates now despawn if nobody collects them fast enough.
- Ramming a tank at high speed will now only stun the slower-moving tank.
- Sticky bombs no longer stick to each other in the air, and will clash instead.
- Sticky bombs no longer clash once stuck to the ground, making them far more deadly.
- Turbo Engine is now more turbo.
- Players can now rotate their tank while hanging from a grappling hook.
- Upgrades have been made to the bot players. These changes should make bots a bit more competent across the board.
- The Jingus's brain has been upgraded, making it a force of nature on the battlefield. Dread it. Run from it. Jingus still arrives.
- Camouflaged tanks no longer create particles or press down the grass while driving.
- Bumping into a camouflaged tank will now reveal it.
- We've given every map a name!
- Added a frame cap setting to the options menu.
- Added a new visual effect to recharging bullets.
- All level-up related animations are now much faster.
- Added a button to toggle all maps in a zone at once.
- Added a "Random Zone" button.
- You can now hold a directional button to scroll faster in the mod menu and the map options.
- Driving on grass now creates particles.
- Added new particles for shattered targets in Target Test mode.
- Fixed an issue preventing users from reaching level 30.
- Pressing the jump button to dismiss the scoreboard no longer also causes your tank to jump.
- Fixed an issue where double-shot lobbers would collide with each other.
- The resolution should no longer incorrectly change upon entering the options menu.
- The endgame screen will now properly return to the lobby after a timer in online modes.
- Lobby visuals no longer vanish prematurely while going to the map select screen.
- Lowered the brightness on some Wave District neon signs.
- Squashing a jetpacking tank now properly disables the jetpack particle.
We're always thankful for our incredible community, but today more so than ever. If you haven't yet made the rocket jump, you can find friends, online matches, developer updates and all the latest news on the Treadnauts Discord.
See you there!