Hello folks! Its been a very busy summer for us here at the dev team, but here it is; The Summer 'Splosion update! Thank you for your continued support, lets get into the details.
- NEW UI SYSTEM: We have scrapped the old 2D UI system and replaced it with a whole new 3D system.
- BOMB VIDEO TUTORIALS: When in the fancy new bomb select screen, players now have the opportunity to view a video showcasing the bomb in-game
- NEW REGION - MIDDLE EAST: Three new levels in a drasticly different envoroment; disrupt the peaceful scenery of F.O.B Michael, enjoy a day out shopping in Baazar and ruin some rich peoples lunches by blowing up Al-Manara
- SO MANY VISUAL UPDATES: I don't want to spoil too much, I would rather you guys experience for yourselves
- MULTIPLE BUG FIXES: More details below
- Fixed a multitude of camera issues, implemented a new camera system that chooses the best angle to capture the destruction from
- Fixed several buildings in multiple scenes that were unaffected by several level events in the American region
- Kinetic Projectile no longer bounces off buildings in Nevada
- Targeting Camera is no longer offset when a level is loaded
- Fixed a bug where on restarting a level, the camera would be in the opposite direction and could not rotate
- Added a border around levels to stop bombs falling forever into the great abyss
- Pressing "escape" when in the pause menu no longer resumes the game with the options menu open
- Most if not all bugs to do with menu UI have been fixed or removed due to the overhaul in the 3D menu
KNOWN BUGS AND ISSUES
Below are several bugs and issues we have discovered ourselves whilst testing and are on the list to be fixed.
- Huge frame rate drops in Middle Eastern Levels; This is down to the way level events generate assets and the ones in Al-Manara are linked to the amount of chunks in the scene when the skyscrapers are being fractured. Fixing this is currently top priority.
- Audio sometimes doubles up upon restarting a scene
- Screen flicker is linked to how much is being displayed on a screen at one time; if a screen has a lot of text on it, the screen flickers rapidly to try and conserve memory
- In-game camera sometimes spins around when decreasing shot power values
- Scroll bars in menu currently do not move with the mouse scroll wheel
- According to our crash reports, when the game closes it causes a crash. This shouldnt affect anyones game, but its still weird
Again, we thank you for your continued support and patience when it comes to these issues. This is our first venture into Early Access, and we rely on the community to help test and interact with us in order to make this game as great as it can be.
Matt (Lead Artist)