This is a major patch release for the Steam version and the Kickstarter Limited Edition.
Updated this build
- When changing the protagonist's name in the Name change menu, a confirmation dialog will now appear to give users the option to disable character voices or keep them enabled
- An option has been added to the Configuration menu to allow users to disable the opening movie being played on the title screen after idling for a short period of time. This is set to disabled for users with existing saves but is enabled by default for all new users
- Dangopedia code has been overhauled; the 'dangopedia.dbs' file is no longer used
- A new entry, "Sakura", has been added to Dangopedia. This entry is unlocked by default upon entering the Dangopedia menu
- Some Dangopedia entries' definitions have been edited
- Fixed the credits roll images so that all the routes are now using the image that was meant to be used
- Ending theme sequence subtitles have been redesigned to improve aesthetics and readability
Additional notes - Both versions
- Game saves from the previous versions are expected to continue to function in this version without any issues.
- If a save file with the "Sakura" entry unlocked but kept unread is used with the previous versions, a "New!" icon will erroneously appear beneath the last entry of Dangopedia (No.95 "Zoni"). This has no negative effect on gameplay.
Additional notes - Steam version
- A 'safe-20160108' branch is available in the Steam game properties menu. If the game is crashing with an older save file and you do not want to start a new game right away, please switch to this branch. We recommend switching back to the default branch as soon as you have completed the current route and returned to the title screen.
Additional notes - Kickstarter Limited Edition
- This update contains all changes made in the previous minor patch release for Steam (20170212)
Existing Known Issues - Steam version
- Playing the game fullscreen and at 100% window size in Steam will cause notifications and the Steam Overlay to not display
- Alt-tabbing out of the game will cause a temporary system lockup and potential game crash
Known Issues - Both versions
- For some configurations with the setting "Language for non-Unicode programs" set to "Japanese," the game will fail to launch and create multiple processes of itself