A few of you were missing a "snap turn" feature in the game - that is, instantly rotating your view by pressing a button instead of turning your body. Until now, this feature wasn't included, since it needs another button, and I really wanted to keep the interface as simple as possible (and avoid accidental button presses with unintended consequences in hectic situations).
However, since snap turn can be practical in certain situations, it can now be activated in the settings menu, where you can choose between 30°, 45°, or 90° per turn. If active, a snap turn can be performed by pressing the touchpad on the left/right side (HTC Vive), or by moving the thumb stick to the left/right (Oculus Rift) on any controller.
Let me know what you think of the update! :)
Ah, and a few other things have also been changed:
- fixed a bug that the player was reconstructed at a slightly different position sometimes
- until now, it was possible in very special circumstances to be reconstructed without teleport orbs if you didn't have any when saving. This cannot happen anymore.
- during the death animation, a small message points out that you can be reconstructed faster by pressing both triggers
- menu orbs in the in-game menu can now be sucked towards your hand (just as any other orb)
- floor 4 was changed a bit, as there was a situation that appeared to be unnecessarily confusing to some players
- some smaller changes and fixes