We’d like to extend a huge thanks to all of you who posted feedback on social networks and forums – we’re now bringing a highly requested feature to Masters of Anima: difficulty levels.
Changes brought by the Patch
- 3 difficulty levels are added:
- Master : The original level of difficulty of the game. For players looking for intense and tactical battles.
- Enemies have standard health points
- Enemies become enraged after a short time
- Guardians destroyed in battle only give back 50% of their Anima to Otto
- Shaper: For players looking for a more accessible experience.
- Enemies have 25% less health points
- Enemies become enraged after a long time
- Guardians destroyed in battle give back 75% of their Anima to Otto
- Apprentice: For looking looking for quick and approachable battles.
- Enemies have 50% less health points
- Enemies never become enraged
- Guardians destroyed in battle give back 100% of their Anima to Otto
- New control schedule regarding the Action Order:
- In the base game:
- Pressing the Action Order once sent the order to one selected Guardian
- Holding the Action Order sent the order to every selected Guardian
- In the Patch:
- Pressing the Action Order once sends the order to every selected Guardian
- Holding the Action Order sends the order to every selected Guardian one by one
This new control schedule is activated by default but players wishing to revert to the original control schedule can go to the Options Menu.
How does the Difficulty System work?
- When creating a New Game, the game asks you to pick a difficulty level.
- Difficulty can be changed in the Level Selection screen.
- Difficulty can also be changed in-game but only by being decreased.
- You can switch from “Master” to “Shaper” but you cannot switch from “Shaper” to “Master” without resetting the level.
- When you finish a level in a difficulty, your score is applied to every lower difficulty :
- If you finish a level with an A in “Master”, you get also an A in “Shaper” and “Apprentice” difficulty as well.
- The Level Selection Screen shows you which level you finished in which difficulty.
- Achievements are not impacted by the selected difficulty. You can get every achievement of the game in “Apprentice” mode.