Today we’re releasing another update to the game! This update adds three new optional missions to the campaign, multiple new settings to the options menu for you to customize your gameplay experience and new additions to the user interface.
Additions and Changes
- Added three new bonus/optional missions to the campaign, and a new Steam achievement for completing all three missions.
- Added a new game options menu setting to customize how ship types are selected, Press to deselect, Press to select or Remember selection.
- Added a new default graphics options menu setting to enable smoother ship movement than the previous default.
- Added a new setting when hosting a multiplayer lobby to specify what happens when a player leaves an active game. The game will now either replace the player with a default AI or remove the player’s ships completely.
- Added highlighting of ships when selecting ships to send between nodes. Ships that will be sent using the current settings (amount and ship types) are highlighted in white. This can be disabled in the options menu.
- Ship types now display which magic spells they carry in the in-scenario UI and command bridge Fleet menu.
- Reworked ship type selection/filter in VR to include the same features as the desktop version, including filtering five ship types instead of three and the ability to view ship stats during gameplay.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a bug in the Level Editor which sometimes caused a scenario to fail to save.
- Optimized the performance of the ambient asteroid field models in the game.