I'm approaching a sort of peak in my work cycle where I expect to have a pause between projects. During this time I'd like to return to Project Explore and treat it like I used to, as something I enjoyed making, a hobby project.
This time however I plan to focus on bringing all the new tech back with me while I rebuild the original Project Explore. I started today off by grabbing a few higher resolution textures and replacing the ugly pixel art ones I created.
Following the new textures I fixed danger zones not working correctly. This means turn-based combat is back until we (Kaller and I) get around to replacing it with the original combat (swing and run).
I also grabbed the original code used to create the fake 3D effect from the original game.
I'd like to implement it back in and involve the mod system in how it's used. Alongside all of this I hope to make use of some of the various improvements that have been made to Game Maker Studio 2.
Changed files in this update