Mimic Hunter Patch #1
=== PATCH NOTES ===
The main focus of this patch is to rework game difficulty in a way that the game becomes more accessible for a casual/relaxed experience, while retaining the original difficulty for those who want a real challenge.
All previous saves remain compatible, though will shift in difficulty (become easier). Restarting the Campaign is recommended.
-- Easy, Normal and Hard difficulty levels are now called Casual, Challenging and Hardcore, respectively.
-- For a generic puzzle-solving, mimic-hunting platforming experience, and/or for your first playthrough, Casual is now recommended.
-- Challenging is only recommended for experienced Mimic Hunters. It now falls between the new Casual and the old Normal in difficulty.
-- Hardcore is the original Normal difficulty, with no changes. All levels have been built and tested on this difficulty setting, but it's not for the faint of heart. Precision and utmost complacence are the hallmarks of the true Hunter.
-- The Steam achievement for completing the game on Hard ("Master Hunter") now reads as completing it on Hardcore. Please note, however, that this difficulty is now the former Normal. At the release of this patch no one has achieved it yet, so it's a clean slate. ;-)
-- Ratimousse's movement parameters are now "enhanced" on the lower difficulty settings. This means that you can jump a bit farther and higher, and maybe reach some areas that were originally not designed to be reachable at that point in progress. We've made sure that these areas you can reach or obstacles you can avoid with the new settings will not hinder your general gameplay experience. You may find some areas much easier to solve now, though--but that's the point of the difficulty changes! ;-)
-- Added 6 new Steam achievements for completing each of the Campaign towers (on any difficulty level), excluding the last, since there's already an achievement for completing the Campaign.
-- Fixed a small glitch with specific scripted, horizontal-moving platforms in Ilon-Ra.
Here are the details for the new difficulty settings:
== Casual ==
- Ratimousse can now run and climb a bit faster, and can jump a bit higher and farther (+10%) (since running & jumping together is multiplicative, our hero's general agility is now much better!)
- 45 starting Health Points (up from 35), +9 HP per Health Relic
- 150 starting Energy (up from 125), +25 per Energy Relic
- Ratimousse now respawns with 100% of his max. Energy (up from 50%)
- Potions give 50% more Health or Energy (than on Hardcore)
- Ratimousse now gains +1 dagger on respawn
- All dagger pickups give +1 extra dagger compared to their normal amount
- An active energy shield will now drain about 33% less Energy
- Enemies that would drop at least 1 diamond when killed will drop +1 extra diamond
== Challenging ==
- Ratimousse can now run and climb a bit faster, and can jump a bit higher and farther (+5%)
- 35 starting Health Points (up from 25), +7 HP per Health Relic
- 125 starting Energy (up from 100), +25 per Energy Relic
- Ratimousse now respawns with 75% of his max. Energy (up from 50%)
- Potions give 25% more Health or Energy (than on Hardcore)
== Hardcore ==
- Original movement parameters
- 25 starting Health Points (original Normal), +5 HP per Health Relic
- 100 starting Energy (original Normal), +25 per Energy Relic
- Ratimousse respawns with 50% of his max. Energy (original)
-- Added a key shortcut (K) for changing the current testing difficulty (0-2), since it now means major gameplay differences.