Since the release of J.A.W.S last week, we at Corn Fed Games have been busy working on a hotfix for you. This update packs a lot of bug fixes and small changes to smooth out the gameplay. Additionally, this hotfix includes updating the project to the latest version of UE4.
We would like to sincerely thank everyone who has taken the time to report bugs and other issues. This hotfix is aimed to fix most of those reports.
- Fixed electrical room door unlocking without accessing the security room
- Fixed the electrical room door message not disappearing
- Shortened easter egg rock song to 3 minutes
- Fix collision on the doorway in the recreation room
- Removed small, red generator that caused a lot of confusion
- Moved the revolver, SCAR and XM8 to be easier to pickup
- Removed G & Mouse wheel inputs
- Added ESC to bring up the in-game menu. "P" also works still.
- Changed the hole in the floor near the armory and kitchen so it doesn't
stop the AI pathing
- Removed the ability to jump on railings
- Added "no-go" areas that will keep the player from going to places the AI
- Changed the delay before the start of a wave from 10 seconds to 20
- Changed AI to have more health at the start and increase more after each
- Changed AI walkers to wait longer before running
- Brightened emission from objective items so they are easier to find.
- Closed off the kitchen counter and opened the door
- Updated HUD text to include a dynamic key reference instead of always "E"
- Fixed how many AI could be alive at one time. Previously this was not
working so 50+ AI would be alive at one time in later waves.
- Added an optimization pass to the lights to combat the loss of frames when
turning the power on.
- Completely changed the algorithm for how many AI are spawned for each
- Blocked a way to get out of the compound by jumping out a window
Again, thank you for playing J.A.W.S. and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we move forward. If you noticed a bug that is not included in this patch list, please know we're still working on it, as well as some new content.
Stay frosty, killers!