It's been a fun journey, but finally it's time for release. Thanks to all of you who were beta testers and who helped us iron out a lot of the bugs and changes we needed to make before release. Here's what happened since we started our round of beta testing.
- Added music by Hunter Smith. We think it's great!
- Implemented the last four skins
- Added the last few missing levels in the hard campaign.
- Fixed a rendering bug where the skull+crossbones did not change positions when you resized the screen
- Rename the hidden level to make it clear that it is a bonus level
- When connected to a gamepad, show "Press A to start"/"Press Y to restart"/etc
- Re-add toastr messages for achievements (to show skin unlocks, and a stopgap for if steam overlay doesn't work)
- Ensure the menu button (on a controller) brings up pause menu
- Add more granular zoom options
- Ensure the executable file has the correct window icon
- Remove "Clear Game Progress" button (only really useful during development anyway)
- Ensure window fullscreen state is persisted across runs
- Add unlock hint to the skins screen
- Add lock icons to campaign menu and skins list
- Improve pause menu/options menu/other menu formatting
- Ensure gamepad input does not stifle other input types
- Update credits to include all beta testers
If a suggestion you made didn't make it in, there's a good chance we'll get to it in the coming weeks. We just had to pick and choose what to work on because of limited time before our release date.
So, at long last, here it is: Collide version 1.0.0, released just in time for Game Developer Conference 2018 next week. We'll be there!
Thanks for all your support,