Shadows in the Darkness is now 20% on sale for the Steam holiday sale! Spread the news, as a big update is coming in the new year! Here's what's in this patch:
- Voice chat quality in multiplayer has been greatly improved.
- Voice chat has been suffering in quality because of an old implementation with Unity's networking solution. This has now been redone to provide much higher quality chat.
- There are now minimal software caused 'buzzing' sounds when player's are not talking into their microphone.
- Item positions are more accurate over the network, and the physics interactions between clients is now more responsive.
- The positions of items, such as swords or potions, are now updated quicker in multiplayer.
- Physics is now much more reliable in multiplayer.
- Difficulty adjustments have been made.
- The 'impossible' difficulty level has been redone to stay true to its name.
- The 'classic' difficulty will now contain slightly lower health (around 5%) on shielded orcs.
- The 'easy' difficulty will have a lower chance of spawning difficult enemies, but a higher chance to spawn them without their 'specialized tools' (orcs without their shield, armored goblins without their armor, etc.)
- Many small bug fixes.
The feedback lately has been really helpful since the last major update and many suggestions from the community will surely be implemented in the upcoming new year. Happy holidays!