- ‘Farmstead’ is now available as a Seasonal Arena in all Playlists
- ‘Wasteland’ and ‘Starbase ARC’ have been redesigned as Standard Arenas.
- Previous versions are now called ‘Badlands’ and ‘ARCtagon,’ can be found in Rumble, Private Matches, and Offline
- ‘DFH Stadium’ (Day)
- ‘Champions Field’ (Day)
- ‘Mannfield’ (Snowy)
- Snowy Arena variants will return to Casual and Competitive Playlists during the holiday season
- Player Banners are new Customization Items displayed in the main menu and during Goal Replays.
- Some Player Banners have customizable background colors, while others may have an animated background.
- Some Player Banners may drop with a ‘Painted’ attribute
- Player Banners will be available as Common items after any match, while others will be Rare or Very Rare drops after Online Matches, or via the Trade-In system:
- More than 90 FREE new items added to the drop rate (including the Player Banners listed above)
- ‘Accelerator Crate’ has been added
- ‘Jon Sandman’
CHANGES AND UPDATES
- Players can now change to another Custom Training pack while playing a Custom Training pack
- While in a Custom Training pack, pause the game, choose ‘Change Training’ from the in-game menu
- ‘Stick Sensitivity’ has been added to the Controls menu
- At the default value of 1.0, your controller will behave the same as before
- Your analog stick input is multiplied by these values. Increasing them makes your controller more sensitive at the cost of some fine-tuned control
- At the maximum value of 10.0, your controller behaves like Keyboard steering, turning at maximum speed from any stick tilt
- ‘Camera Transition Speed’ option has been added to the Camera menu
- Increasing this value makes your camera blend between Ball Cam and Player Cam more quickly
- ‘Always Show Nameplates’ option has been added to the Gameplay menu
- When enabled, this option will prevent other players’ nameplates from being hidden even at long distances
- All cars are now using one of the standardized presets for handling and hitbox introduced in the Anniversary Update
- The Main Menu has a redesigned blog UI
- The blog is now collapsable
- The blog will auto expand if new news has been added since your last play session
- More information about live esports events is now included
- The new ‘Play’ submenu consolidates all Offline and Online play modes into one section.
- Exhibition and Season modes can now be found under ‘Play Local’
- ‘Stats,’ ‘Leaderboards,’ and ‘League Rankings’ are now found under the ‘Career’ submenu
- A new ‘Transparent Goalposts’ option has been added that causes goalposts and some walls to become see-through when necessary to see the ball
- All Arenas but Rocket Labs use this new feature
- Transparent Goalposts are enabled by default, but can be toggled off to return to their previous, non-transparent behavior
- To disable, uncheck the ‘Transparent Goalposts’ box in your Video settings under the Options submenu
- Introduction of sound ducking in the audible items of the garage
- When browsing customization items with audio (Goal Explosions, Boosts), in-game background audio/music volume will automatically lower
- Added delay before playing ‘hover’ item sound to reduce audio spamming in garage
- Performance pass on general gameplay to reduce voice count on lower volume assets
Director Camera (Beta)
- A new Spectator camera option called ‘Director’ has been added
- The Director is an AI-controlled Camera mode that predicts Shots, Goals, and Saves and cuts to the best player view to frame the action
Competitive Season 5
- Competitive Season 5 has ended. Titles and items will be awarded for your highest rank achieved during the season. Season 5 Rewards are custom, non-tradeable Player Banners
- Receiving the Season 5 Reward Player Banners is also contingent upon successful completion of Season Reward Levels
- Reward Player Banners:
- ‘Season 5 - Bronze (Dragon)'
- ‘Season 5 - Silver (Dragon)'
- ‘Season 5 - Gold (Dragon)'
- ‘Season 5 - Platinum (Dragon)'
- ‘Season 5 - Diamond (Dragon)'
- ‘Season 5 - Champion (Dragon)'
- ‘Season 5 - Grand Champion (Dragon)'
- Season 5 Grand Champions will also receive the 'Season 5 Grand Champion' Title
- A second set of Season Reward Player Banners will also be awarded, with the same requirements outlined above:
- 'Season 5 - Bronze'
- 'Season 5 - Silver'
- 'Season 5 - Gold'
- 'Season 5 - Platinum'
- 'Season 5 - Diamond'
- 'Season 5 - Champion'
- 'Season 5 - Grand Champion'
Competitive Season 6
- Competitive Season 6 has begun
- Season 6 brings a “soft reset” that requires you to do placement matches in each playlist to recalibrate
- Winning half of your placement matches will land you near your previous season ranking
- Rank requirements have been updated to distribute more players into Platinum tier and higher, and to reduce the amount of players in Bronze I
- League Rankings will be temporarily empty until players complete their placement matches
Local Match (Steam Only)
- Players on Steam can now host and join LAN matches directly through the Play menu
- ‘Host Local Lobby’ to create a LAN server that other players can join on your network
- ‘Find Local Lobby’ to browse for LAN servers you can connect to
- Local / LAN matches allow you and your friends to compete without the need for an internet connection
- The LAN Lobby creator is hosting the match on their computer. Using Alt-Tab in Fullscreen mode or taking other actions on that computer may affect server performance. Using a Spectator PC to host the lobby for LAN events is recommended
- Starbase ARC has a few textures that aren't rendering correctly at map start
- These textures should correct once a match begins, should not affect gameplay
- Xbox One may crash in Main Menu if opening and closing too many menus quickly
- Bumping and Demolish Updates
- Fixed an issue where car collisions could be incorrectly handled depending on the order the physics engine processed them in
- Fixed an issue where Demolishes and Bumps could be incorrectly handled depending on the depth of its bumper penetration into the other car’s collision.
- Ball Indicator on Champions Field has been fixed
- Restored Batmobile to its pre-Anniversary Update state based on community feedback
- The Steam Controller now works as intended on Mac hardware
- Party members can no longer be pulled out of a Ranked match by a Party Leader
- Winning player no longer receives a loss when leaving a Ranked 1v1 match during an overtime Goal Replay
- Entering Free Play while joining an Online Match no longer prevents players from joining an Online Match
- Crash fixes
- Fixed a performance issue related to a few Achievements
- Fixed an issue where VSync was not being properly disabled even when checked off in the Video Options