I have finally released Autocraft out of early access! Along with updating it to fix a few UI issues and reported errors
So about Autocraft being on Early Access for the past two and a half years... I understand that many players thought the game was abandoned - like other early access titles that came out with a lot of promises, then failed to meet them and gave up.
This didn't happen with Autocraft - the game has been complete for a year.
Everything we advertised and originally planned on the game having was finished. The reason we didn't release out of early access is because I still wanted to add more (which was a giant mistake, I should have released out of early access a while ago then updated after).
I still had more ideas for new Autocraft features, but I wanted to work on other projects before doing them. Since there is the expectation that Early Access titles need to get constant updates or their dead, this was definitely a mistake. I should have released it out of early access a year ago.
Thanks to all the players who are still playing! We hope to keep adding to it and release on other platforms soon
Changes this update:
- UI changes: new icons / graphic changes / positioning, mostly in the crafting menu and level selection
- Fixed error happening on some new users causing inventory to not show in Sandbox mode
- Wheel physics: Stability improvements, more traction
- Fixed some entity rotation issues, mainly with the half frames
- Fixed Antialiasing / VSync settings not saved in settings for some users