After an unexpectedly long delay, our next update is finally ready. We're sorry for taking so long to get this build stable and ready to go. Without further delay, here are the patch notes:
-- Dialog Story added for all levels on both world maps.
- This includes unlocking the player abilities during plot progression.
-- Added hot keys for quicker actions.
- Left / Right arrows change the game speed.
- Space bar toggles pause.
- Abilities are triggered by number keys:
- 1 = Augment, 2 = Vortex, 3 = Evolve
Changes and improvements:
- Improved map tile art throughout the entire game. This should be the final pass on map art.
- Added a credits scroll for our team. Credits will be updated again before release.
- Improved the Augment ability. It's now beautiful and powerful!
- Vortex now displays the amount it heals.
- Reworked ability cost scaling. Abilities can be used repeatedly. The cost goes up by one per use.
- Numerous sounds added, including environmental and combat SFX.
- Volume levels tweaked to be consistent.
- Added a fade transition between town and map screens.
- Most Steam achievements should be retroactively unlocked once a relevant event is triggered.
- Tuned the stats of enemies for all three difficulties.
- Fixed Hacheep and Ox animations.
- Enemy death animations finish playing before game over.
- Fixed a bug with replaying tutorial missions failing to give rewards.
- Experience is now awarded based on waves completed. Fleeing at wave 1 gives no exp.
- Fixed numerous issues with Endless Mode.
- Fixed display issues with the options menu and background.
- Right click info on units should display correctly.
- Poison no longer displays 0 damage when it is being resisted.
- Fixed numerous skill descriptions to be more accurate.
- Corrected a bug with map transitions causing a black screen.
- Fixed layering issues in the shop screen.
- Adjusted tower placement on various maps to avoid UI conflicts.
- Fixed crashes during combat.
Considering the extended development time, many other bugs were encountered and fixed that may never have been player facing.
Work on Soul Locus will continue slowly through the Summer and possibly into Fall if necessary. There's one important feature left in the release plans and various amounts of polish and balance and fixes left to do. More music should be coming as well.
Please let us know of any issues you encounter and thanks for playing!