V5 has been released! Tons of new features, changes and improvements to the game. Some highlights:
Android! You can now get TTS for PC/Mac/Linux, iOS and Android! And much more importantly you can link your accounts together - start playing a game from your PC, continue on your phone, then pick it up later on your Tablet. Plus get notifications on your Droid/iPhone/Tablet when a game is ready for you.
- Player Abilities
- Players now have unlockable abilities which give you access to new tricks in game - Slide Tackle, Lob Pass, Expert Shooter and Curve Kick. Each one costs 125 points, and the limit of 300 points per player still applies - so you are going to need to customize your players to balance your team. Having an ability unlocked allows that player to use the associated Boost in game.
- Reworked Boosts System
- You now start each match with a set number of each Boost type, there is no longer a 8 max limit. You now have to much more careful when choosing to use a precious Combo Boost..
- You can optionally choose to enable Powerups when starting new games*. The game will randomly generate Powerups into empty squares on the pitch. If one of you players runs into one, your Boost count will increase for whichever type of boost you just collected. If an opponent gets it first, it’s gone, and the ball is kicked through a powerup it will disappear.
- Adjustable Game Length
- When starting a Solo game, or when challenging a friend (live or resumable) you can choose how long the game will be - 30, 46 or 60 turns.
- As is so often the case with offside, this one might be controversial… You can no longer pass the ball past the last defender.
- Extra Time/Injury Time
- If a game is about to come to an end, and the score is still tied, a random amount of extra turns will be added to the game.
- In-Game Chat
- During games there is a new chat icon (next to the opponent team’s name) to open the chat panel. Messages are exchanged at the end of the current turn. Please be nice to each other.
- Taller Goal
- The Expert Shooter Ability allows you to shoot at top row of targets when shooting at the goal. The goal has been made taller so that you can use this to shoot over the heads of defenders (if done correctly)
- More Points
- In addition to new players starting with more points, points are now acquired must faster.
- AI Formation
- The AI Team (Evil Machines) now changes its teams formation quite frequently.
- New House / Lighting Model
- The play area for the game (the background house setting) and the lighting have been changed. I’ve removed the stadium lights (shadows were just too crazy). Shadows can now also be turned off/on in the Graphics Settings.
- There are now ToolTips in a few places - the Customize Players page (to explain what all the stats actually do), and in the game (over the boost icons, the chat button, the turn timer) Should be helpful for new players, you can turn off the tooltips in Settings -> General screen.