We had a great time at VRLA and got a lot of good feedback on the game. It was our first opportunity to have a lot of different people test the game and we got some good insight into what we need to change.
The tutorial was enhanced for the expo and has been added to the game's default build now. Here are all the changes for this patch:
- New tutorial added that helps explain the overworld a bit more. The Justin scene has been removed and will instead be replaced with a scene that gives more story exposition instead.
- Arcade Mode is back. Arcade mode has been added to the main menu. In arcade mode you fight until you die. All spells are unlocked by default and no rewards are earned. This mode is great for leap motion users.
- Health bars added to enemies. There are now healthbars floating above the heads of enemies. Were working to get the game feeling more like an RPG than a wave shooter and seeing the health of your targets helps a lot.
- Player health count added to right hand. You had a vague idea of your health before with the red circle but now you can see exactly how close to death you are.
- Dialogue windows revamped. All dialogue windows look like the nicer ones from VRLA now.
- New Music! Our new composer Kevin Valenzuela has already made 2 excellent pieces for the game. You can hear them in the desert overworld and caves.
- Other small bug fixes.
- The first floor of the battle tower is bugged. You should be able to skip it though