Release 3 of FIGHTING SPACE brings some further improvements in gameplay & balancing.
Release 3 changes & updates
Introducing Instant Super Charges
You may now fire off smartbombs, silences & indestructibility with this new pickup type at once.
Adaptive pickup spawns
Depending on how well you do in the game, you may find pickups at selected spots throughout the game that help your progress. Adaptive pickup spawns consider the difficulty level, how many lives you have lost, if you reached a checkpoint this stage, etc. This is to prevent deadlock situations where you couldn't proceed in the game after you died and lost your weapon levels. For example, you may find weapon upgrades & instant super charges in a boss fight when there's evidence for a deadlock situation. In some parcours situations, the cost of extra lives will be somewhat be compensated with adaptive pickups.
- Player ships charging at the end of a stage wasn't framerate independent. Now it is.
- Crossing a checkpoint while having indestructibility could sometimes leave the buff effect at the checkpoint.
- Collected loot coins now will accumulate until you have 50 or more, enhancing your chances to get a bonus stage.
- Added sound & music switches to the ingame menu.
- Single Player shipyard has now a centered layout.
- Having 50 or more loot coins has a visual feedback in the HUD.
- Changed Rookie base speed to 160 (was 150)
- Changed Comet Chaser base speed to 170 (was 160)
- Changed Wings of Liberty base speed to 190 (was 180)
- Changed Flying Fortress base speed to 130 (was 120)
- Greatly reduced the cost of Stasis Cannon to 12000 (was 18000)