Based on player feedback and many reports of motion sickness, we decided to overhaul how the game controls in VR. We believe these new controls should mostly eliminate motion sickness for the vast majority of players, and if you experienced any before we hope you are willing to give the game another try. As always, we are open to more feedback. Full release notes are below:
Release Notes for Version 188.8.131.52:
- VR: Overhauled the game's controls and responsiveness to reduce motion sickness and improve consistency. The dragon will now fly where you look. Speed, menu, and fireball controls are unchanged.
- For new users, the game will begin with a brief tutorial.
- Added Free Flight mode.
- Added simple text to explain the goal of the challenge-types.
- Added dragon sounds and extended the idle animation.
- Reduced the likelihood of crashing when you take off.
- Landings are slightly more forgiving.
- Transitions now fade to black to reduce jarring.
- Slight adjustments to difficulty based on player feedback.
- Bugfix: The game's controls are no longer framerate-bound.
- Bugfix: The motion of the targets, rings, and phoenix are no longer framerate-bound.
If anyone did prefer the old controls, you can still access the previous version by opting into the "oldcontrols" branch. Here's the steps to do so:
- Right click DragonWingsVR in your Library and choose Properties
- Select the Betas tab
- Select "oldcontrols" in the drop-down
If there is enough interest in the older controls, we will add them back to the game as an option.