[i]“Thro’ the ghoul-guarded gateways of slumber,
Past the wan-moon’d abysses of night,
I have liv’d o’er my lives without number,
I have sounded all things with my sight;
And I struggle and shriek ere the daybreak, being driven to madness with fright.”[/i]
Oops! What we meant to say was…
“Welcome to Moonlight Trailer Park, your Outdoor Escape Destination!”
Greetings Illuminators! This massive Halloween update for Alone in the Dark: Illumination brings a completely brand new, horrific location and a pulse-pounding new way to play. Paired with a ton of animation and visual refinements, AITD has never been more terrifying! Read on for additional details and our full build notes.
New Environment: Moonlight Trailer Park
Navigate the dilapidated Moonlight Trailer Park as you dodge the Old One’s ever-pursuing minions. This unique, huge map offers an open-ended play experience, with multiple routes and tactics to escape the treacherous hordes of eldritch creatures. Scrawled notes and clues are hidden throughout the Park, illuminating the eerie backstory of the park. Can you survive the darkness? Or will the Moonlight claim another victim?
New Game Mode: Escape
A new play mode exclusive to the Moonlight Trailer Park map, Escape tasks the players with surviving the Trailer Park in one of three unique ways. As the adventurers search the map for clues and ways forward, enemy spawns will become more difficult and the darkness will close in. A brand-new energy consumption mechanic means that players will constantly be balancing risk and reward as they press on. Light means safety, but the longer you wait, the more monsters will pour out of the abyss. A random allocation of vital items gives the mode endless replay value, as players will never know where to find the elusive tools they need to free themselves from the darkness. Escape, before it’s too late!
• New Game Mode: Escape
• New Environment: Moonlight Trailer Park
• Improved Enemy Spawning
• "Multiple choice" objective system - multiple objectives active at once
• New "light grid" system - switches that turn on / off entire arrays of lights, that correspond to specific level sections
• Energy Consumption system - power source that hooks up to one or more switches and slowly empties as long as a switch is on
• Player Pickups - Health packs now offer Stamina Boost
• Enhanced Visuals - Fog, dust FX, lighting, additional visual improvements
• Modified Vehicle Models for objectives
• Adjusted Level Geometry / Layout
• Added Ambient Level Audio - Audio Occlusion Mapping