We'll be covering the announcements on our Twitter so be sure to follow us there if you'd like to stay up to date.
You can also join us on IRC to discuss the announcements with other Steam enthusiasts as they happen.
Steam in the Living Room
Last friday Valve published a teaser page on which 3 announcements will be made starting Monday. Here's what we know.
- On the 13th, our lord and savior Gabe Newell announced that there would be news regarding Steam in the living room 'next week'. (Video)
- Seeing the page focuses on bringing Steam to Living Room (SteamBox etc), it seems unlikely there will be any game announcements.
- There will be one announcement per day, with 3 announcements total.
- Going off the page's stylesheets; every announcement day, the picture of the Sun on the TV will change.
Here's some possible things we think they might announce next week:
- The SteamBox
- Big Picture has slowly been getting more (hidden) OS control. For example, there are files for a network settings menu.
- Valve already has their own software repository where they keep and maintain several Debian packages including:
- BroadCom Wireless drivers
- A Steam Plymouth theme
- NVIDIA drivers
- Package that provides dependencies
- Steam for Linux client & launcher
- Steam Auto-updater that applies updates from Valve's repository daily
- A Bug Reporter that sends bugs to their project tracker (yes, the same one that leaked a while back)
- A recovery tool & image
- Wallpapers (1920x1080 transparent, 640x480 Boot Screen?)
- TL;DR their own version of Ubuntu
- A Steam controller
- Spotify support in Big Picture/Steam. Not really big, but we know it's being worked on
- Built-in streaming from desktop to other devices. Possibly even by Valve. Something like Google's Chromecast or Nvidia's SHIELD
Have any other theories? Let us know in the comments below!