Our forums will mostly be used for discussing entries on the website (such as the Mortal Kombat thread here), giving general feedback on the website, or talking about anything else related to Steam.
Last week, OpenSteamWorks suffered a loss of data due to a hardware failure. Amongst other things, they hosted game graphs that show how many players were playing applications. When it was apparent that it would not be coming back any time soon, we decided to make our own version of this. You can find our graphs here.
This is still very much in development and any bugs (or feature requests) should be reported on GitHub. We already know of the dip in the graphs that happens every 4 hours, this is a bug in Steam's Web API and we have notified Valve of this..
Many thanks to VoiDeD for making and hosting the OpenSteamWorks game graphs up to this point.
Changelog for April 30, 2013
Here's a list of changes we've made to the website since our last changelog.
- Added forum
- Added graphs
- Added a working status page
- Added more information about player in the calculator
- Added support for recurring payments
- Package pages now have tabs, just like app pages (#34)
- Sync Steam data of logged in users (#62)
- Spaces in search will now match any character (e.g "half life" will match "Half-Life") (#67)
- Fixed links without http:// prefix not working properly
- Fixed logging out not removing cookies
- Fixed price updater skipping new games or sales
- Started reworking backend applications for future open-sourcing
- Minor improvements