We are putting finishing touches on Update 58, and expect it to go live within 48 hours. Meanwhile it`s available in the Steam Beta Mode. And srry about a short interruption of service earlier today - we tried to bring this update live, but looks like we still need to iron out couple of things.
s full update news for once its ready:
Coming Soon - Update 58
And we are back with another update introducing major new features and a number of important fixes and improvements. First of all you`ll notice that space vehicle landing and takeoff has been completely reworked with new GUI and mechanics.
We have also greatly reduced loading time of the game – going from sometimes 2 minutes, to just 20 seconds, and in many instances – like re-spawning it`s nearly instant now. In addition a lot of exploit fixes and other improvements across the board – including bringing back ability to pick up your vehicles.
Some major leftover issues from the big Alpha milestone has also been addressed - like sometimes the spawn ship not loading.
Thank you for your continuous support.
With that said, lets take a look at what update 58 has to offer:
- Loading Screen Sequences are now much faster - sometimes 10x faster
- Added loading screen progress bar and other cosmetic changes
- Completely reworked taking off and landing, it now uses marker system
- Fixed variety of issues with the old take off and landing system
- Player can now use Info screen to instanly sell any of their vehicles for 70% of the cost (instead of the old pickup ability)
- Major performance improvement due to texture streaming
- Fixed an exploit when crafting, where an item could be picked up out of inventory and still crafted
- Also applied this fix to a range of others areas, split stack, buy, sell, move, etc
- Fixed an exploit in the scrapping system, the right click menu on items is no longer clickable when there is a scrapping action enabled
- Fixed an issue with bacon, wheat, pork and chicken icons
- Bundle of Arrows now requires 6 sticks instead of 12
- Fixed game getting stuck on deleting player, was an issue with crew array
- UCFlightSuit added to the game, it will show during character creation and will be a reward during the prologue.
- UCFlightSuit Body and Boots added to Clothing Vendor
- Upgraded/fixed autorun, you can now hold the run or sprint keys when pressing autorun to use those modes.
- Fixed an issue with the base component placement range smaller than the updated landing pad size,
- Fixed more exploits while crafting
- Spotter tooltip now displays only once per session
- Fixed an issue with the spotter sometimes not working
- Fixed some issues with the shoveling animation and adjusted the timer
- Player home base radius where he can build has been greatly expanded, and so was the indicator
- -Scrapping clothing now gives a lot more cloth in return - 4x more
- Hunger and Thirst can no longer cut the player and cause them to bleed, but will eventually kill you
- Modified outlaw notification to show a tooltip that goes away and explains everything about the feature
- All tooltips can now be closed with ESC key, and it will not open the menu