I'm super excited to announce that the first multiplayer features are live now! All for FREE!
Join our discord to connect and maybe join custom matches or future tournaments.
This what the multiplayer contains :
- 1v1 Duels with ranks. Win duels to win trophies, lose duels to lose trophies. Unlock unique perks with trophies.
- Custom lobby. Host your own private or public lobby with up to 10 people or join a random one.
- New maps for the 1v1 and custom lobby.
- Voice chat in the multiplayer modes. You can turn this off in the settings.
I personally can't wait to see fight you guys in the arena but multiplayer wasn't the only addition, here are some more :
- Add camera rotation assist. A lot of you complained, now the camera will assist your rotation when fighting enemies.
- Add an arena pets which you unlock through multiplayer.
- Add aura VFX which you unlock through multiplayer.
- Add audio settings.
- Support AZERTY keyboard for our french players.
- Rebalance (nerf) armours, they had to feel more rewarding and something to show off in multiplayer.
- Improve AI pathfinding so it's harder to cheese the enemies into traps.
- Add 'Pits' in the Gladiatorium. More ways to kill and get killed.
- Add 2 new enemies. Fat Ogre and Goblins. Goblins can ride Ogres for an unique combo.
- Add 'invincibility' in the first few frames when rolling. Skilful gladiators will be able to dodge roll almost any attack.
- Lots and lots of bugfixes!
Important about Multiplayer
As a solo dev, I can't afford servers, so it's all peer-to-peer and the lag varies depending on how far you guys are playing.
From the internal tests, it should be acceptable but please don't be too angry if things don't work well or if you encounter bugs.
As always I thank you all for following the development of the game, and leave a nice review if you are enjoying this :)
See you in the arena, Gladiators!