Hopefully you are enjoying Trails of Cold Steel IV!
We have created a new version which fixes various issues pointed out by the community. Here is a list of changes:
- Reduce the CPU usage of several threads, particularly in audio playback. These changes can greatly reduce overall CPU usage in some situations.
- Introduce additional caching to decrease load times, especially when revisiting previous maps and after battles. This will be particularly effective for longer play sessions.
- Fix save game thumbnails sporadically not showing up under specific circumstances.
- Adjust overall loading behavior to be closer to Trails of Cold Steel 3, in order to mitigate issues on some systems.
- Prevent the game from taking abnormally long to close on some systems.
- Make left joystick and WASD (or alternative mapping) behavior consistent across all menus.
- Fix button re-mapping involving X and O buttons along with displayed button prompts.
- Fix some remaining minor translation issues in game and launcher
- New Feature Add configuration tool option to disable dynamic button prompt switching (primarily for Steam Controller users)
Note: If you still see intermittent stuttering issues on systems with generally good performance, they might be shader cache related. Please look here for instructions on how to resolve them.
While we expect this patch to improve the situations for all users, with the great variety of hardware and software configurations available on PC this is not always guaranteed in all circumstances. As such, you can return to the release version of the game by selecting the public "version_102" branch in Steam.