We're pushing a second patch today, with some additional improvements to some of the core areas related to issues that the community has been reporting to us.
Here is an overview of those changes:
- Added a server health indicator. This indicator will display 1 to 4 health bars depending on the quality of the server that are available. The quality of the server is defined by the ping of the host server combined with yours as well as the FPS of the server host. We then use those two metrics to try and identify what will the quality of your experience be on that server, 1 being low and 4 good.
- We took additional steps towards reducing input lag by lowering the online visual smoothing parameter
- We added a default "Best Region" option from the server region dropdown list. Selecting this option will automatically direct you towards servers located in the region the closest to you/with the lowest ping. Please note that if you are hosting a game you can find the "Best Region" in which you are hosting by going the "Host" options from the in-game.
- We removed some rapid key shortcuts that were switching control scheme layouts/unlocking zones without player knowledge.
- Fixed several issues reported in regards to controls dropping/Simple controls & other option toggling
Jus as a reminder of what was said previously, If the fixes above are still not doing it for you, please try with the following two temporary solutions in relation to the lag problems:
For host: Lower graphics settings, or make sure a player with a beefier GPU does the hosting
Try Remote Play Together on Steam as that has been reflected as more stable by some players
If you want to stay updated on our upcoming fixes then feel free to subscribe to our update thread here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1011670/discussions/0/3069740688723324719/