Thank you all for playing our game and sending us your feedback in the comment section. We are dedicated to work on the next installment but took some time off to address few bugs and optimization issues. You may have noticed a few updates in the recent days. They mentioned some changes, but ultimately were meant for internal testing, so sorry about that. But everything that was part of these patches is now live, tested and ready to be taken advantage of in your game. Namely these changes are:
Our in-game cursor now changes depending on the content you mouse over. Hand for grabbing, picking or manipulating and magnifier for moving and zooming.
V-Sync is now on by default. It should help those of you with lower PC specs, but if it is not enough and the game still runs suboptimal, try lowering resolution or texture quality. If your PC is quite old and none of those help, we have one other solution in mind.
Low end beta branch
If you don't care about the latest bling and graphic optimization and just want to play the game with the lowest possible hardware requirements you can opt in in our beta branch. You can enable it by going to Properties>Betas and selecting it from the drop-down menu - the step-by-step tutorial for this is on the bottom of this update.
- Achievement "Novice craftsman" did not trigger in certain cases -> solved, game now checks the completion no matter which stage are you on
- A steel ball from a minigame could disappear -> solved, in the unlikely event that the ball is lost, game will spawn a new one
- Camera movement kept its momentum even after player stopped giving input -> solved, camera movement should now stop immediately
How to enable low end beta branch?
- Right click The House of Da Vinci 2 in your library.
- Pick Properties…
- Select BETAS
- Click the beta opt in and select "low-end - for low-end hardware"
- Click on the update button, or just wait for it to finish if you have automatic updates enabled. You can always return to the normal version by selecting "None" in the beta opt in.